Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the fxdl lowrider coming back?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

One of the options if I remember correctly on the low rider was spoke wheels, which I wanted. Thus the reason I bought the Super Glide Custom, might not be the same but I think they are very close. IMHO

Old 06-06-2011, 07:16 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
So what's the difference between the low rider and super glide custom? They look very similar.

I think besides the extra chrome pieces there was cast spoke wheels, pullback risers with buckhorn bars, idiot lights on the handlebar clamp, and I think the seat was unique in the Dynas. I think the gas tank and dual guage console were the same in the Lowrider and Street Bob.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
So what's the difference between the low rider and super glide custom? They look very similar.
Many people say, "Lower the bike and add chrome and it's a Low Rider." This is not true. Yes, it's lowered with shorter shocks than prior 2010 Superglides (and with premium, better top cover design than shock caps) and has the chrome engine package, but it also has a lower and thinner seat to set the rider even lower, as well as chrome front peg mounts with mid controls (which I love), it has black highway peg mounts (which I like because it goes well with the frame downtubes) and chrome highway peg extensions, chrome headlight bucket, chrome battery cover, chrome electrical and coil cover, uniquely designed chrome fork dust covers, it has a wrinkle black engine case which Superglides prior to 2010 did not have, it has the cast wheels, pullback risers with straighter bars than buckhorns, the light console up high at the handlebar clamp, different tank with dual silver-faced gauges with a tachometer and full length chrome tank trim, ignition at the fork (which I like because it's also the fork lock) wrinkle black belt sprocket, plus it has an additional 1.5 degree rake built into the triple trees. I think I got everything. I loved my stock 2009 Low Rider, but I love it even more now that I've done some customizing and made it my own.

Last edited by JT-FXDL; 06-06-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
donald branscom
4th Gear

Originally Posted by JT-FXDL
Many people say, "Lower the bike and add chrome and it's a Low Rider." This is not true. Yes, it's lowered with shorter shocks than prior 2010 Superglides (and with premium, better top cover design than shock caps) and has the chrome engine package, but it also has a lower and thinner seat to set the rider even lower, as well as chrome front peg mounts with mid controls (which I love), it has black highway peg mounts (which I like because it goes well with the frame downtubes) and chrome highway peg extensions, chrome headlight bucket, chrome battery cover, chrome electrical and coil cover, uniquely designed chrome fork dust covers, it has a wrinkle black engine case which Superglides prior to 2010 did not have, it has the cast wheels, pullback risers with straighter bars than buckhorns, the light console up high at the handlebar clamp, different tank with dual silver-faced gauges with a tachometer and full length chrome tank trim, ignition at the fork (which I like because it's also the fork lock) wrinkle black belt sprocket, plus it has an additional 1.5 degree rake built into the triple trees. I think I got everything. I loved my stock 2009 Low Rider, but I love it even more now that I've done some customizing and made it my own.
Your bike has the perfect look.

I like the cast spoke with black or the wire spokes but not that chrome Ken and Barbie spoke wheel.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:00 PM
98XL1200C
Road Captain

I would have to say NO. In my opinion the FXDC is the low rider. If you look at both bikes there are many characteristics that are the same. H-D isn't going to make two bikes that are similar. Not at that price range anyway.

Last edited by 98XL1200C; 06-07-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 98XL1200C
I would have to say NO. In my opinion the FXDC is the low rider. If you look at both bikes there are many characteristics that are the same.
Yes, there are many similar characteristics... After all, they both are a Dyna. But there is a long list of items on the Low Rider that are not included on the Superglide/Custom.

I did go and put black battery/elec covers on and took off the chrome because I like those matching the black paint.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by donald branscom
Your bike has the perfect look...
Thanks!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Long live the Low Rider! This is my second one (wish I hadn't traded my first one!) and I'll be hard pressed to part with it. Fits me like a glove.

http://www.pbase.com/gnarl/image/131456193.jpg

Last edited by Gnarl78; 06-07-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

I hated what HD did to the rear fender of the Wide Glides, since they straightened it out! What is with that? Looked like a$$! My 94 Wide Glide had such a great profile and then sometime in the 2000's they straighted it out and then in 2010 they chopped it off? I hate the chopped off fender look personally. Let the owners do the chopping HD, you just build them!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gnarl78
...Fits me like a glove.
Yup! Mine too. Before I bought it I was sitting on Superglides and Customs but they just didn't feel right. I sat on this Low Rider and it was great. The seat, height, bars, pegs, gauges & etc... I liked everything about it. I've since tweaked it some more and now it's perfect! I don't think I'll ever part with it. Especially since they've discontinued them. I'm getting a sense that only the Low Rider owners really know the true differences between the other models.

Quick Reply: Is the fxdl lowrider coming back?