Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Touring Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
grog_lives
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Touring Luggage

I have a 2010 Fat Bob and I'm looking for touring luggage for my sissy bar and luggage rack. Can anyone give me some recommendations?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tourpack. T-Bags. I have a set and love them.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
grog_lives
Cruiser
Default T-Dub

T-Dub, thanks for the reply! A question, are T-Bags a brand?

Some other questions/comments:
1) I like the bike, same color as mine!
2) Your last photo was washed out, but I believe I seen that you had Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2. What do you think of them? I still have the stock and want a little louder but don't want to be abnoxis.
3) Are those switch blades you have on the pegs?
4) Impressed on how much luggage you got on your bike!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
HAP76
Advanced

I went with the H-D Multi-Fit Touring Luggage System with Day Bag. This two bag system offers lots of flexibility... big bag, small bag, or both depending on how much you need to carry. Both bags together provide more than enough storage for a week long trip and the big bag makes a nice back rest when I mount it on the passenger seat.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
T-CON
Advanced

I do a lot of touring on my fat bob. I love my Leather pros saddle bags which are bullet proof. I also have a 56802-06 bob tail fender rack and have been using a waterproof duffle on the top of that and the passenger seat. This was originally for a 10k mile trip two years ago and the duffle was half filled with a full face for rain days. Since them I have gotten along with just the saddle bags. I also tend to rollup my rain gear a strap it to the risers which works great.

but I now have a sissy bar so the duffle idea does not work. It was great because it also created a back rest.

edit_ btw the duffle is not really that big or full but this was taken near the top of beartooth pass and the altitude change inflated the thing like an balloon. It is truely air and water tight. Great bag from a company called watershed.

Last edited by T-CON; 03-02-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

T-Con - what did you strap that bag to? What kind of straps are those?

I've tried something similar and ended up stopping several times to fix it. When I finally got it, the plastic hooks had chewed up the paint.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM
T-CON
Advanced

actually worked great, no damage and never once had to pull over for it. I used a camlock strap with nylon coated metal hooks on the end. Hooked the hooks to the upper shock mount bolts between the shock and frame the crossed the strap over the bag and under the back of the rack. I also tried it using two straps, this one but only going to the front of the rack and then a camlock strap without hooks that wove through the rack a few times at that back and crossed over the bag looping through the front of the rack also. Both ways worked fine.

Not the clearest description. sorry.

here is a pict with the two strap system.

Last edited by T-CON; 03-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Great picture and thanks for the explanation.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 AM
grog_lives
Cruiser
Default Multi-Fit Touring Luggage

Does this system, or the Harley touring luggage system, allow you to mount the day bag on top of the bigger touring bag?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
WoodyTJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Oxford Pack http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&action=dept&id=17&pid=321&p= great for my weekending from work as it would take a 17" widescreen laptop, clothes, books, shoes, etc in the main bag with smaller stuff in the side pockets. The day bag snaps to the top of the main and is large enough to take waterproofs, spare gloves, visor cleaner and a few other bits and bobs. Both bags have an elasticated sleeve that fits over the sissy bar, to stop the bags moving I added some nylon straps to the rig. The rucksack straps were a nice idea but not great in real life.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Touring Luggage