Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob discomfort

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:20 AM
2011 Street Bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street bob discomfort

newbie here. bought a 2011 street bob a few weeks ago. really enjoying it, and/but after I've put about 120 miles on it, I'm starting to notice it's not really that comfortable, or natural feeling. I'm starting to wonder if I was more attracted to it's looks than anything when I bought it...compared it only against a nightster. I'm not that tall of a guy, 5'9/185 pounds, and it really doesn't seem that bike is intended for a smaller person. I just feel kinda curled up on the bike, and lower back gets kinda uncomfortable. is it the stock seat? the mini-apes? the low seat height? or am I maybe just new, driving tense, and it will feel more comfortable in time with more miles under my belt? I've made the mistake in dating, choosing looks over practicality...have I made the same mistake with the street bob?

Old 03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
JunkHead
Cruiser

My street bob is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. I'm 5'10 215. If you feel cramped then try moving the bars forward

Old 03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

I dont think you made a mistake. Thats the beauty of owning a Harley you can change it and make it fit you. You can get a seat with a backrest, adjust the handle bars a little, put some Highway pegs on , get a detatchable windshield for those long rides to reduce fatigue. the options are endless.

Make it your bike dont be afraid to experiment with the things you can adjust yourself.

Ride safe and welcome to the forum.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Smitty79
Road Master

I had my stock solo seat repadded with memory foam and it helped out. If you don't want forward controls throw some highway pegs on it so you can stretch out when you need to.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:42 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have mid controls on your bike then thats probably your problem. Put on a set of forwards and you'll be much more comfortable.

I'm 6'1" and feel like my bike is plenty big, even with the OL on back.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 AM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drnk_n_publick
If you have mid controls on your bike then thats probably your problem. Put on a set of forwards and you'll be much more comfortable.

I'm 6'1" and feel like my bike is plenty big, even with the OL on back.
+1

Mids aren't very comfortable if you stay in that position the whole time you ride. You need to narrow down exactly what is not comfortable. Your hand position, your feet position, your butt....be specific about what you don't like and then you can fix it to suit you.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

If the dealership is worth anything they can work with you to get the correct set-up for you. Have them "GIVE" you(as in free) a 2011 P&A catalog. They have a section in there about fitting a bike to your needs. Maybe just adjusting the handlebars will do the trick. Good luck

Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

could be one or all of the things listed. Could be you just need to adjust the angle of the bars. Probably would be a good idea to get forward controls or at least highway pegs.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:55 AM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

You didn't make a mistake getting the Bob!!
Could be just tense, you said you are a newbie. Maybe give yourself more time in the saddle. Like everyone else said, you can make so many adjustments to these bikes. But before doing any of that I would get more saddle time in to make sure that isn't your problem..

Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go to the dealer and test ride a couple other bikes. See what features on other bikes fit your comfort, forwards, windshields, floorboards, etc. Then make your bike fit you!

Quick Reply: street bob discomfort