Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob discomfort

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:32 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm the same weight and height and went with fowards and changed the seat to a Danny Gray Big seat. No shuffeling around, keeps your butt planted.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:16 AM
2011 Street Bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone. nearly 300 miles, and it's feeling a lot more comfortable. still on the fence about forward controls...

getting that urge now to start modifying. Harley Davidson seems to share the same business model as Schick and Bic...'give 'em the razor, sell 'em the blades'

Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my '07 Bob for 4/5 years now and initially I too found it a problem with my lower back. As a previous reply says - don't be afraid to experiment. I bought a Corbin seat with a back rest which helped massively for me. Also I put cruise pegs on and ajusted the handlebars a tad which as a package has made it 110% more comfortable.

My stealer has a great new idea for this year which is a 'fit shop'. You literally drop in and a techy checks out your riding position and makes ajustmenst and suggestions etc. on how to get the most comfortable riding position set up. Of course the real reason behind it is to sell you copious expensive add ons - but its quite good for ajusting what you've got if you are resolute!

Old 03-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Steven M
Stage I

Originally Posted by R_W_B

I hated the OEM seat. It looked comfortable but I kept sliding from one side or the other. I bought a Mustang Wide Vintage seat and it has been great. I actually sit this seat instead of straddle it. If you do a search for Mustang seat you will find several pics of guys (including me) that have them.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...800018#fitment

RWB, is this it? Good deal here?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
chef andy
Advanced

Your just not use to your bike yet. The stock seat suxs find one thats works for you also mid controls may not work for your riding style switching to fowards was one of the best modes I ever made.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't read through all the posts so forgive me if someone has all ready told you this. I am a woman on 5'7" and 140 pounds. My bobber is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden and even though I have only been a a licensed rider for 4 years now, I have ridden over 25 HD in that time. I love the mid controls at my height but do need to stretch out after a bit so instead of spending the money and gettin forwards that I may have trouble reaching, I added a pair of highwy pegs that I found on the forum here from a member for under $100. These changed my comfort level a lot. The lower back issue was also a BIG problem for me until I picked up my shield. A lot of people love the wind in their face and never have a problem with it but with my shield, my back doesn't spend all of that effort to fight the wind and I like to go "WOT" a lot so there is usually a lot of wind to deal with.
Believe it or not, a well place windshield will make a world of difference. The stock seat does suck and you can always change it but that is quite a bit more expense and wont help if you are still fighting against the wind all of the time.
Good luck! You will enjoy your bob once you make her yours!!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:46 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who told you riding a motorcycle was comfortable?

Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven M
No that one is not as wide, mine is at,
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...Id=454281&mmy=

But you will have to hurry they have it at close out prices of $290.oo
You have to read Mustang ads carefully they have so many that are similar but not the same.
Here is a pic of mine on my Street Bob

Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM
SpikeisMYbike
Stage IV

Hello fellow Bobbers,

I am a new rider and I have owned by Street Bob for about 350 miles now and I am going through the exact same issues with the bike. Buyers remorse, should have gotten the Cross Bones, forward controls or not, seat is like sitting on a rock, bars not quite right.....I feel your pain literally!! My dealer did not sit me on the bike to fit it to me specifically. I went to another dealer for a Harley event and stopped in to the service dept and they adjusted my bars lower as my arms were to straight. Much better!

I am 5'7" and 135, mostly legs, but I wasn't too concerned with the mid controls until I rode for 1.5 hours and got cramps in my hips on the way home. Could be the seat width or the mid controls, I don't know yet. I was actually going to bring the bike in today to have forward controls put on, but I like the idea of highway pegs to see if that helps. I test drove a bike with the forward controls and I liked them, but it was the Sportster 48 and that bike has a more aggressive position.

It is a bit frustrating for me as I don't know too much about bikes and everyone has their own ideas about things. It's a learning process that's for sure!! But it's the most fun I have ever had!

Last edited by SpikeisMYbike; 03-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Spike, please, please, please, if you get forward controls, put them on yourself!!! It will only take you about 15 minutes on each side and will save you a good amount of money!! Same with the highway mounts if you go that way, the directions are simple and so is the job.

Quick Reply: street bob discomfort