Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Hidden" Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 AM
BigMarkStreetBob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Hidden" Speakers

I have a Street Bob that I want to keep looking clean and simple. I have a black Iphone mount on the handle bars and I want to add a amp and speakers. I just want black speakers that will be kinda hidden next to the iphone. I don't want big chrome look at me speakers. Any idea?

Old 02-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Look up Joe's fork bag stereo. I have one and love it

Old 02-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
BigMarkStreetBob
Intermediate

Kinda like the bags cause they are not obvious speakers. I wish they made a really compact black set of speakers that i could mount under the iphone dock though.

mark

Old 02-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

anything that small, you would never hear.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
EasyMoney1027
Cruiser

I have a friend who packed a 6x9 in each saddle bag of his street glide and put an amp under his seat. It sounds awesome but his bike is not very loud. I would love make somethin like that with a solo bag on the primary side of my bike. I think you should do it and give me directions lol

Old 02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to say it, but if you want music, the best advice is to get yourself an Ultra. You will likely be disappointed with whatever you do since it will be nearly impossible to hear at highway speed. Especially without a windshield.

Originally Posted by BigMarkStreetBob
I have a Street Bob that I want to keep looking clean and simple. I have a black Iphone mount on the handle bars and I want to add a amp and speakers. I just want black speakers that will be kinda hidden next to the iphone. I don't want big chrome look at me speakers. Any idea?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by BigMarkStreetBob

Where did you get the iPhone mount? Does it work with iPhone4? I poked around on Ebay and only could find mounts that worked with 3GS and older stuff.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
BigMarkStreetBob
Intermediate

It is a biologic mountain bike mount. It is "waterproof" and installs easy. I got it after getting cause in the rain and my phone getting soaked. I have used it for about a year with not problems. I have a 3gs but they make it for a 4 too.
http://www.thinkbiologic.com/product...mount-iphone-4

Mark

Old 02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
BigMarkStreetBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
Sorry to say it, but if you want music, the best advice is to get yourself an Ultra. You will likely be disappointed with whatever you do since it will be nearly impossible to hear at highway speed. Especially without a windshield.
Right now I use a blue tooth headphone jack and jobber headphones (ones that hook on your ear) and this setup works ok. But the headphones will blow out from time to time. I would like to not bother with them but may still with it. I don't want my bobber to look like a ultra so hopefully I can come up with something discreet.

Quick Reply: "Hidden" Speakers