Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
mgoblue06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake

Guys,

First off, I am going ot put a 5 degree rake on my fat bob, and lower it with springs. Any suggestions of where to get the trees from?

Many of you on here think I am ruining a good thing by raking it, but I have never seen any pics of it, and want to make the bike my own, so if you are going to complain, go elsewhere.

Also, I want to put a 20 inch front wheel on it, what will I have to do to make it fit other than the fender? I want it to be somewhat wide, like a 120 tire, to go with the fatness of the bike.

What would be the proper size front wheel I would look for? What manufactures to use, what ones to stay away from? Thinking about a contrast cut wheel.

Any help will be appreciated!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mgoblue06
First off, I am going ot put a 5 degree rake on my fat bob, and lower it with springs. Any suggestions of where to get the trees from?

Many of you on here think I am ruining a good thing by raking it, but I have never seen any pics of it, and want to make the bike my own, so if you are going to complain, go elsewhere.

Also, I want to put a 20 inch front wheel on it, what will I have to do to make it fit other than the fender? I want it to be somewhat wide, like a 120 tire, to go with the fatness of the bike.

What would be the proper size front wheel I would look for? What manufactures to use, what ones to stay away from? Thinking about a contrast cut wheel.
It's your first post... how do you know what "many on here think"? Not a complaint, but I think you'll regret raking it with trees. I suggest you look into raked cups instead. Vulcan Engineering makes some excellent ones.

I never heard of a 20 inch motorcycle tire, but you can probably get what you want in a 21 incher. Try plugging some sizes int the tire calculator and comparing the OD to your stock size. RC Components and Performance Machine make excellent contrast cut wheels (if you have deep pockets). I think the only other thing you'll need will be spacers. But when you see how the bling wheels make your rotors and pulley look, you'll probably want to replace them too. GL!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 AM
WarLizard
Banned

What you describe sounds a lot like the Wide Glide.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:30 AM
skinless
Road Captain

I have never seen any pics of it, and want to make the bike my own
Awesome thats what I'm talking about.

Last edited by skinless; 02-21-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
mgoblue06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
It's your first post... how do you know what "many on here think"? Not a complaint, but I think you'll regret raking it with trees. I suggest you look into raked cups instead. Vulcan Engineering makes some excellent ones.

I never heard of a 20 inch motorcycle tire, but you can probably get what you want in a 21 incher. Try plugging some sizes int the tire calculator and comparing the OD to your stock size. RC Components and Performance Machine make excellent contrast cut wheels (if you have deep pockets). I think the only other thing you'll need will be spacers. But when you see how the bling wheels make your rotors and pulley look, you'll probably want to replace them too. GL!
I have seen some posts of people saying that you ruin the fatbob by raking it. Thats all I was saying.

As for the wheels, Do you think 21 Inches would look way to big on a fat bob? What is the stock width of the fatbob front wheel?

I was going to trade my bike for a night train and go custom with it, but hey, i havent seen to many radical, different fat bobs, that why im going this route!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have seen some posts of people saying that you ruin the fatbob by raking it. Thats all I was saying.

As for the wheels, Do you think 21 Inches would look way to big on a fat bob? What is the stock width of the fatbob front wheel?

I was going to trade my bike for a night train and go custom with it, but hey, i havent seen to many radical, different fat bobs, that why im going this route!
Fat Bob has a 16x3 front stock wheel with a 130 wide tire on it, if you want to put a 21 on it and make it look like a wide glide get the wide glide bro save alot of money right off the bat... There is alot of custom Fat Bobs on this site search brotha.... But why take the whole look away from the Fat Bob if your gonna put skinnies on it???

Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hell, do what you want. It's your money, but the FXDF is pretty low already. I drag my pegs on just about every corner.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always thought that the fat bobs we're a front wheel away from being badass... some of you fat bob guys need to chill and maybe encourage someone to actually think out the box. With the exception of a few, most fatbobs are just run of the mill... How many fatbobs do you see that have actually been customized compared to lets say, any other model of Harley... So more power to ya man... I say build the **** out of that thing...

Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
mgoblue06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 952dave
I've always thought that the fat bobs we're a front wheel away from being badass... some of you fat bob guys need to chill and maybe encourage someone to actually think out the box. With the exception of a few, most fatbobs are just run of the mill... How many fatbobs do you see that have actually been customized compared to lets say, any other model of Harley... So more power to ya man... I say build the **** out of that thing...
Thanks man

Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
KYFATBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is mine, I have raked mine out 3 degrees with hawg halter triple trees... IMHO I think 5 degrees is way to much for how the fatbob is made... I got 18 inch wheels and a 130/70 front tire on it...

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake