Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 100% behind folks doing what they want, but like others have said I find it difficult to understand why anyone would buy a bike like the Fat Bob, and then want to mod it in a way that removes one of its key identifying features. Unless a person was to receive the bike as a gift, etc.

To each their own

Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwlehman
I am 100% behind folks doing what they want, but like others have said I find it difficult to understand why anyone would buy a bike like the Fat Bob, and then want to mod it in a way that removes one of its key identifying features. Unless a person was to receive the bike as a gift, etc.

To each their own
I am diggin that brown leather seat on the flat black more and more bro.... It looks real good dude...

Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 PM
09chubbyrobert
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in a similar situation as the origonal poster. I too have a Fat Bob and have considered changing my wheels out. I want a different look than the other Chubby Roberts I have seen. And I do not consider my pegs and stirrups to be "custom"
I have been thinking of getting custom wheels but the thing is if I get a custom wheel, the twin discs up front are going to block 90% of the wheel so what to do?
So I am thinking about selling/trading the Fat Bob for a Night Train. I could fit a bigger wheel/tire on the Soft Tail frame, the NT is raked out a bit more, and most NTs have the blacked out motor (something else I wanted with the Bob).
So I see where the origonal poster is coming from, and where the ones that suggested getting the Wide Glide are coming from too.
To each their own, but since I like to save money, I am considering the Night Train

BTW, we need pics man!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KYFATBOB
Here is mine, I have raked mine out 3 degrees with hawg halter triple trees... IMHO I think 5 degrees is way to much for how the fatbob is made... I got 18 inch wheels and a 130/70 front tire on it...

KYFatBob has done a great job with his bike in my view ... there are quite a few others who've done really cool things with Fat Bobs on the forum, as far as I'm concerned ....

I think this 'customized' Fat Bob with MoCo parts and Screamin Eagle looks great ... I think the 18" wheels work well enough ... post up some photos of your 21" wheels when you get them ....

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake-fat-bob-2010-customized.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09chubbyrobert
I am in a similar situation as the origonal poster. I too have a Fat Bob and have considered changing my wheels out. I want a different look than the other Chubby Roberts I have seen. And I do not consider my pegs and stirrups to be "custom"
I have been thinking of getting custom wheels but the thing is if I get a custom wheel, the twin discs up front are going to block 90% of the wheel so what to do?
So I am thinking about selling/trading the Fat Bob for a Night Train. I could fit a bigger wheel/tire on the Soft Tail frame, the NT is raked out a bit more, and most NTs have the blacked out motor (something else I wanted with the Bob).
So I see where the origonal poster is coming from, and where the ones that suggested getting the Wide Glide are coming from too.
To each their own, but since I like to save money, I am considering the Night Train

BTW, we need pics man!
Good luck trading a dyna for a night train and saving money. If you wanted a 21 up front you have a couple of options that would be a lot cheaper than trading. The easiest option would be to get matching rotors, which take very little away from the wheel. The cheapest option would be to swap out your right lower leg, and run a single disk setup like other dynas.
Think about it, if you modded your fatbob, you would have something pretty unique and built to your personal taste, but if you trade it for a softail, you'll just have a stock bike that you'll eventually want to pour money into.
When I bought my bike, it wasn't any where near what I wanted, but it was a good deal. After I made it my own, I dont care to ever get rid of it.
Just my .02

Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
mgoblue06
Intermediate

Trees have been ordered and should be here in a week or so. Wheels should be here in a couple weeks.

A harley shop had some deal running and in a contest I got 30 percent off any official HD merchandise, so of course I spent too much, lol.

Ended up getting

Edge cut pegs, edge cut shift and brake pad, edge cut brake lever and shift lever for foot controls, and a black flush mount gas cap and gauge kit.

And since the start of this thread had some parts powdercoated gloss black
Short shots heat shields
Dash
Horn Cover
Battery band
HD Heavy Breather.

I promise to post pics of this when it is done, I cant wait to get the wheels and black triple trees on. Hopefully this bike will be one of a kind when finished, it better be with as much money I have dumped into it this year!!!!!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 952dave
No problem man, I like to see people do something different than the norm... if it doesn't work out I guess that you could always flip open the HD catalog, order some ***** g bull **** and have a "custom" like everyone else lol
You can say that...............

I agree, build the bike however you like.

Ain't no ***** stuff here, although I do have stuff from other models on the bike.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:44 PM
mgoblue06
Intermediate

The only other thing I would like to find is someone to trade my chrome lower forks for black lower forks, I know black came stock, and when I bought the bike used he had the chrome ones put on, and now I want the black back, lol.

Anyone want to switch?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:31 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There's someone on this site that converted his Fat Bob to a single disc but I can't remember his board name....just remembered he was s So Cal. His bike was slick but I'd rather retain the braking power of dual disc personally...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
bhaxton
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

If you go to a single disc you will also want to change the master cylinder. Looks like it's time for some chrome!

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Custom Front wheel and rake