Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove Hypercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011 | 09:46 PM
Romeo
Tourer

Originally Posted by tjkcreations
Anyone interested in selling their Hypercharger?
If you can, find one with the standard trap door cover instead of the "blood grooved" version. Provides a blank slate for customization, helping to eliminate that "Flock of Seagulls" or "Members Only jacket" stigma.

Old 02-16-2011 | 07:05 AM
FXDLgrl
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the clarification re: the tuner. My other bikes are fuel injected, so I'm in new territory here...

Old 02-16-2011 | 05:02 PM
FXDLgrl
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tjkcreations
Anyone interested in selling their Hypercharger?
I'll sell the hyperchager I just removed.
Good condition. And 'trap door' style cover.
PM me if interested.

Old 02-16-2011 | 05:02 PM
tjkcreations
Intermediate

FXDLgrl please pm me or email me tjkcreations@msn.com Thanks

Old 02-17-2011 | 02:01 PM
FXDLgrl
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CB1
Just get the Big Sucker and not the big sucker II. Should save ya some coin as well. Not sure what tools you'll need to remove your hyper charger, but you will need allen wrenches to install the big sucker. Fairly simple. It will come with the back plate, bolts and a filter. You will have to buy a seperate cover for the filter unless you find a full kit with it. The filter bolts to the back plate so you don't have to get the cover right away.

Edit to my post: I seen a picture of a big sucker that the bolts for the back plate had a regular bolt head on them. Mine are allen, but I think there maybe some bolts to attach the filter to that you will need a wrench for also. Think the bolt head looked better than the allen heads.
thanks for the heads up re: allen heads vs. bolts. Prefer the look of bolts but would not have noticed that detail (until it was too late to do anything about it)

Old 02-18-2011 | 12:54 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 8541hog
...You can have more air available than a motor can use...
True if:

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
... it is compressed, in which case you now have a turbo or super charger...
Originally Posted by axslingerw
It is the size of the carb or throttle body that can cause problems. An air cleaner can NOT flow too much air because the engine will only intake what the throttle allows to pass...
Originally Posted by 8541hog
...The original question was about the BS II, which is not NEEDED for a stock motor, it is designed for a Stage II motor which draws more air...
Just curious: Does a Stage II motor use a bigger or more effecient throttle body than a Stage I?
If there is any difference between the original Big Sucker and the BS II, it would have to be that the original BS is more RESTRICTIVE than the BS II. That would mean that the original Big Sucker is not doing what it is suppose to do - provide unrestricted airflow.