Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dangerous Fork Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 AM
hobowillie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine works fine on my WG. Maybe the little "bolt" isn't going all the way back inside the lock body on yours or something.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just like everyone said you have to give it a little wiggle I know that on my super glide it is a little sticky but if you wiggle the handle bars it comes out..

Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 AM
JimmieJack
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lock mine all the time. I don't know if "wiggle" would be the term I would use but you definitely have to take the pressure off of the locking pin to get it to work.

Jimmie

Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 AM
adognamedspot
Advanced

Originally Posted by hungoverdog
+1, wiggle the handle bars to move the wheel and it will lock in and out, I find with mine if it is at full lock then the steering lock wont engage, I need to pull it ever so slightly to the right engage the lock then let it roll back to the left and it's done.
+2, Mine is the same way. When the bars are at full left it just doesn't quite want to lock until I pull right about an inch. Then it locks right up, every night when I put her to bed!

Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O.F.
I lock mine all the time and never had a problem. I do need to move the front end a bit for the lock to engage/disengage.
This exactly.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 AM
stev0n
Road Master

oh my god guys, i feel like an idiot. I had not been able to get my forks to lock since i bought my bike in september. all the japanese bike i've owned would always lock with the forks as far left or right as they would go. first time, every time smoothly

i thought maybe my forks were bent or warped...something. tried the wiggle thing you talked about today as an experiment & it worked lol.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by O.F.
I lock mine all the time and never had a problem. I do need to move the front end a bit for the lock to engage/disengage.

+1 I've never had any problems either. I lock and unlock mine with the bike on the stand leaning and the forks turned to the left.

You've got a lock problem.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 AM
MJR28
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gringoloco13
Mine took some getting use to as well, def. not the easiest setup I have used. I found that mine will not budge if my wheel is pointed as far left as you can go. But it you move it slightly to the right from the furthest left position it will work like a charm and no issues.
Exactly what I found. I didn't use it for a few months because I thought it was faulty and then a mate showed me this trick.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Gringoloco13
Mine took some getting use to as well, def. not the easiest setup I have used. I found that mine will not budge if my wheel is pointed as far left as you can go. But it you move it slightly to the right from the furthest left position it will work like a charm and no issues.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

2010 Fatboy. I get off the bike with the bars turned to the left, walk around and turn the lock. It never matters about level ground, on a grade, hot , cold, etc. The key effortlessly should go in and out locking & unlocking the bike. The last thing I'd ever want to contemplate is having the front end lock on me at a critical moment....like at ANY TIME WHATSOEVER.

Quick Reply: Dangerous Fork Lock?