Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Sunny Florida!...I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Barz
as for my "trip to the keys"...i have no clue what you are talking about. lol. I assume you have mixed me up with some other newbie. Haha.
Nah, just trying to live vicariously through someone who lives in a State replete with scenery! Hoping I could entice you into taking a trip for those of us who still have snow on the sides of the road!

v.r
rj

Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Barz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
Nah, just trying to live vicariously through someone who lives in a State replete with scenery! Hoping I could entice you into taking a trip for those of us who still have snow on the sides of the road!

v.r
rj
AH! Gotcha R.J., I wont be making any trips down there anytime soon. But maybe I can take some pics of my new bike down by the beach when i get this clutch situation taken care of.

by the way im freezing right now...its 45 degrees!!! Where's my sympathy?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Harley dealer should have a parts book catalog for your bike , inside the book it will have an exploded view of what make's up your stock linkage and the rest of your bike as well all with the correct part numbers if you have to order something down the road , buy a 2002 Dyna parts book you will be glad you did !

Parts Catalog

99439-02A

'02 Dyna® Models.

MSRP US $48.00

Last edited by Dynaglide68; 02-11-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Barz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dynaglide68
The HARLEY dealer should have a parts book catalog for your 2002 bike , inside the book it will have an exploded view of what make's up your stock linkage and it's part numbers , your bike would have NOT came with forward controls , so take the stuff right back and do it the right way
I think you misunderstood something in the thread. Just to be clear, I know it was not stock forwards, the original owner installed them. I forgot to tell the parts guy at the dealership I had forwards when I ordered the parts originally. I went today and got new forwards to install and will be getting at it tomorrow morning. Thanks for trying to help though bud. It's appreciated!

That's a good idea about getting the parts book, i didnt know they sold them. With my old bike i used to have to search everything up online. I think I'll be picking me up an owners manual and a parts book when I head to the dealership.

Last edited by Barz; 02-11-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master

I think you misunderstood something in the thread. Just to be clear, I know it was not stock forwards, the original owner installed them. I forgot to tell the parts guy at the dealership I had forwards when I ordered the parts originally. I went today and got new forwards to install and will be getting at it tomorrow morning. Thanks for trying to help though bud. It's appreciated!

That's a good idea about getting the parts book, i didnt know they sold them. With my old bike i used to have to search everything up online. I think I'll be picking me up an owners manual and a parts book when I head to the dealership.
It's the same one they use and they also sell the repair book i have both books and let me tell you i caught a lot of them making mistakes when i went to order parts , lucky i had my parts book with the right numbers ! and yes buy the owners manual too , they even sell the electrical book i have that too , so 4 books total

Last edited by Dynaglide68; 02-11-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Barz
Cruiser

Here's a couple pics of my new scoot. I unclipped the sissy bar. Looks much better without it. I need to figure out what I want to do as far as paint goes, so that she will be a little more visually appealing. But she runs great. Little tlc and some elbow grease and she will be smoking hot!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Dynaglide68
Road Master

Wow they really altered that bike but it looks great , frig that suaside shifter they look nice but not practical ! Go to ebay and you will find a lot of parts for your bike

Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Barz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dynaglide68
Wow they really altered that bike but it looks great , frig that suaside shifter they look nice but not practical ! Go to ebay and you will find a lot of parts for your bike

Yeah im taking the suicide shifter off today and putting the original front wheel back on. The wheel he put on there is from a night train. I like the taller skinnier wheel in front but it doesnt match the back.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:05 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

...That's a good idea about getting the parts book, i didnt know they sold them. With my old bike i used to have to search everything up online. I think I'll be picking me up an owners manual and a parts book when I head to the dealership.
Parts catalog:
Ebay auction from LSHD1.com: USD38,40

2002 Dyna Models Service Manual:
Several auctions for new and used

Electrical Diagnostic Manual:
One auction from LSHD1.com: USD 48,00

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 02-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Barz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Parts catalog:
Ebay auction from LSHD1.com: USD38,40

2002 Dyna Models Service Manual:
Several auctions for new and used

Electrical Diagnostic Manual:
One auction from LSHD1.com: USD 48,00
Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Sunny Florida!...I need help...