Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
RJSMN
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Question

Hello,

While I'm a new member I have done tons of research over the years on this site--lots of great information.

I have a 2000 Wide Glide--last year I did the cam upgrade along with replacing the stock carb. Currently the bike has aftermarket slip ons installed by the previous owner. I've decided to replace these pipes for several reasons and decided to go with V & H straight shots (full system not slip on's).

Here is my question--what is the difference between the Straight Shots and the Straight Shots HS? From reading various websites I'm tempted to believe the only difference is that the HS model has a full heat shield whereas the standard straight shots have a 220 heat shield.

Am I missing something?

I did search the forums and found this question ask 2 other times, but it wasn't answered (at least not in the threads I found).

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure and sounds like no one is. People usually answer pretty fast here...

Why not ask Vance & Hines?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now I may be wrong here but I remember a couple of guys at the dealership talking about these a few weeks ago. From what I could gather the standard Straight Shots have removable heat shields where as the HS version has fully integrated heat shields which means that they are not removable.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pretty sure the HS stands for heat shield and believe you are correct in that it is a full heat shield.

BTW, I have a pretty clean set of the Straight Shots (the original, not HS). The baffles have been cut back and there may be a small dink in the heat shield from when they were removed. If your interested send me a PM and I will give you a full description, and a real fair price.

Originally Posted by RJSMN
Hello,

While I'm a new member I have done tons of research over the years on this site--lots of great information.

I have a 2000 Wide Glide--last year I did the cam upgrade along with replacing the stock carb. Currently the bike has aftermarket slip ons installed by the previous owner. I've decided to replace these pipes for several reasons and decided to go with V & H straight shots (full system not slip on's).

Here is my question--what is the difference between the Straight Shots and the Straight Shots HS? From reading various websites I'm tempted to believe the only difference is that the HS model has a full heat shield whereas the standard straight shots have a 220 heat shield.

Am I missing something?

I did search the forums and found this question ask 2 other times, but it wasn't answered (at least not in the threads I found).

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 AM
RJSMN
Stage III

All--thanks for the replies. I did send an email to the techs at V&H, but I'm guessing they will tell me what you have--that the HS is a full, non-removeable heat shield.

I'm guessing the HS would have a more clean look--my current set up has removeable heat shields.

biddaddy33--once I make a decision on my preference I'll let you know. If I decide to go with the standard (not HS) I'd be very interested in getting more info.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
RJSMN
Stage III

V&H responded....

"Yes, that is the main difference. Aside from that we offer quiet baffle options for the HS and not the Straight Shots."

His response of "that is the main difference" was an answer to my question about the full versus partial heat shield. I guess the other difference is the availability of a quiet baffle.

--