Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDB to FXDWG dash question. Can't find bracket in stock!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
rc4fan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default FXDB to FXDWG dash question. Can't find bracket in stock!

I am getting my chrome FXDWG dash early next week and have all the parts coming to complete the install except the stupid switch bracket and the 4 self tapping screws. I tried Zanotti's and they don't stock it. Anyone have one of these or know a dealer that might have one in stock? They were talking 7-10 days to get me one. Kinda ridiculous. Thanks

Part number 71766-08 for the switch

2501A for the screws

Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Any other options for this? I know someone has used something different to hold the switch in place.....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Harlie Rider
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

When I changed the switch on my '07 StreetBob, all I did was put the self-tapping
screws in the holes in the new HD switch and screw them into the holes on the underside of the new FXDWG dash.

Attached Thumbnails FXDB to FXDWG dash question. Can't find bracket in stock!-100_0832.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Originally Posted by sugarbear1
When I changed the switch on my '07 StreetBob, all I did was put the self-tapping
screws in the holes in the new HD switch and screw them into the holes on the underside of the new FXDWG dash.

Hmmm, so you just put the switch down in the console and ran self tapping screws up into the bottom of the switch in the 4 holes that are there.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:48 AM
rc4fan
Tourer

Trying to keep it up top where someone might see this and have experience with it

Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Switch Bracket

You don't need a switch bracket with the new dash. The switch mounts from below and the screws (self tapping) are heads down. That way you don't see the screws.The switch I used was 71313-96A and had it keyed to fit my fork lock...

Old 02-11-2011, 10:41 AM
rc4fan
Tourer

Ok. I was looking at the write ups and everyone said to make sure to get the bracket and self tapping screws. I ordered an aftermarket switch. Couldn't see any reason not to. The one I ordered has the same 4 holes in it and the 3 prong terminal already there just like the HD switch. I guess I will see when it all comes in next week.

Last edited by rc4fan; 02-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
bcmiles
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rc4fan
Ok. I was looking at the write ups and everyone said to make sure to get the bracket and self tapping screws. I ordered an aftermarket switch. Couldn't see any reason not to. The one I ordered has the same 4 holes in it and the 3 prong terminal already there just like the HD switch. I guess I will see when it all comes in next week.
The 4 holes in the ingition switch only line up with 2 screw holes in the dash. The other 2 holes on the ignition fit on two posts. The bracket is what gets screwed into the 4 holes in the dash. The ignition switch is sandwiched between the bracket and dash.

So in other words, you would only have 2 screws holding the switch if you didn't use the bracket. If you're any good with metal, it wouldn't be hard to fabricate one.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
bcmiles
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rc4fan
Just thought of this, is the hole layout on the aftermarket switch the same as the HD switch?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Originally Posted by bcmiles
Just thought of this, is the hole layout on the aftermarket switch the same as the HD switch?
I sure hope so. It says it replace part number 71313-96A

I read around in here and some members said they wished they had just saved some cash and ordered the aftermarket one of eBay. I know I will be getting two different keys but that doesn't bother me at all. I never leave my bike anywhere that I need to lock the forks.

Here is the one I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0#ht_552wt_941

Last edited by rc4fan; 02-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: FXDB to FXDWG dash question. Can't find bracket in stock!