Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty

I really do not want to bring up this subject but, I am doing my 1000 mile service 2/11/11 for my 2010 FXD. I bought Mobile 1 V Twin Full Synthetic 20/50 for all 3 holes. The local indy that is doing the service told me if I use the Mobile 1. I will be voiding my warranty. He wants to sell me Amsoil and say's that it does not void the HD warranty. Should I go with the Amsoil for a peace of mind?

Attached Thumbnails Warranty-412z-le0ggl._ss500_.jpg  

Last edited by A1ACruiser; 02-10-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
neocontra
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's complete bullsh!t. It does not void your warranty. School him and if he persists, find a new shop to do the work or do it yourself.

Both are great oils and are 10x better than the terrorist oil HD sells.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks neocontra!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Next time someone tells you that something will void your warranty, tell them to put it in writing for you and see what they do.
Under the law, simply changing something will NOT void a manufacturers warranty. If however they can prove that what you did caused a problem, they do not have to cover any repairs. But, they have to prove it was the cause.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

I might be off base here, but the same oil for all three holes? I run that oil in my motor,but do wouldn't run it in the tranny or primary!!

Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I wouldn't put M1 in the transmission but would in the primary and engine.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer

Hd wants to put Syn 3 in the 3 holes. My indy wants to put Amsoil in all 3 holes. Are they both wrong? I wanted to put the Mobile 1 in the engine and primary with Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil in the tranny.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
I might be off base here, but the same oil for all three holes? I run that oil in my motor,but do wouldn't run it in the tranny or primary!!
Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 is recommended for four-cycle motorcycles that specify the use of a 20W-50 motor oil. It provides excellent performance in motorcycle engines that are designed with a common engine/transmission lubrication system or where the engine lubrication system is separate from the transmission system. In the case of the latter, follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the type of fluid to be used in the transmission. Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 fully synthetic motor oil is also designed to provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch engine/transmission systems. Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 exceeds the requirements of API Service Categories SH, SG/CF, CD and has been fully tested, both on laboratory dynamometers and in the field, to provide optimum horsepower and acceleration.

Fully synthetic Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are specifically engineered for use in motorcycles. The formulations are based on the proven technology used in other Mobil 1 automotive products, yet they are optimized for the unique requirements of a motorcycle engine and/or transmission. You can use them with confidence, knowing they will protect your bike in extreme situations where conventional motor oils simply can not stand up, including extended high-speed operation and prolonged idling in summertime traffic.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Default Extended Warranty?

On the subject of voiding a warranty. I have a 2009 FXDB bought through military sales, and at the time of purchase got the 5yr extended warranty. I am coming up on the expiration of my 24mo regular warranty and am considering getting my money back on the extended plan.

I've already found answers on here regarding getting my money back. That's not my issue or question. My question is keep it or get rid of it?

I have swapped out my rear shocks already and plan on doing front end suspension work as well. And I am strongly considering the Fuel Moto 107 kit this Spring. Given all that....anyone have an idea what will or won't be covered still under my extended plan if I keep it?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Get rid of it if you are handy with a wrench. FWIW ive tried all the popular oils in my primary and Mobil 1 works best for me. I ram Amsoil twice and both times it made my engine noisy but that bieng said its a good oil and Im sure it didnt do any damage.

Quick Reply: Warranty