Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED headlight for dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Hickey
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigshawn
I just put onee of the new black 5 3/4" LED headlights in my bike and its awsome but its not to intense to look into it its worth the money for sure
pics man pics!

Old 02-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hickey
pics man pics!

+1, need some pics of it installed!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tag.

As an 09 FXDB owner, I want pic and confirmation. I want that light.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

09 FXDB here, and I have the light. Plan on installing today or tomorrow, will post pics when I'm done.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Romeo
Tourer

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Great! Thanks for the info. Would you recommend getting it?

You have a pic of it on your bike you can post?
Here are some pics I posted on another thread (I don't have the black one though):

I did modify the stock adapter ring with a file to make the notch deeper in order to better center the lamp in the bucket. But that was a problem with the stock headlamp as well (stock headlamp was pushed over to the left in the bucket when viewed from the front). The adapter ring is now yellow chromate in color because I re-plated it to keep it from rusting after filing it. Paint probably would have worked just as well though.

Would I recommend getting it? I live in deer country. Near misses are almost a daily occurrence. The LED lamp casts a much brighter light ahead of you, and plenty of light to the sides as well. The stock headlamp, even with PIAA or SS bulbs, didn't even come close to it. IMO, the $400 it cost ($360 with 10% dealer discount) is a small price to pay for the added safety.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 AM
love4steel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Aaron 09FXDB
09 FXDB here, and I have the light. Plan on installing today or tomorrow, will post pics when I'm done.
subscribed! If ya dont mind, explain anything you've learned during the install that may make things easier for the next guy. I'll do the same as I ordered mine yesterday for my 10 fxdb.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Romeo
Tourer

Originally Posted by love4steel
subscribed! If ya dont mind, explain anything you've learned during the install that may make things easier for the next guy. I'll do the same as I ordered mine yesterday for my 10 fxdb.
See my post just ahead of yours.

Your bucket is exactly the same as mine. The ONLY thing you'll have to do is to file the notch in the adapter ring a bit.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
love4steel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Romeo
See my post just ahead of yours.

Your bucket is exactly the same as mine. The ONLY thing you'll have to do is to file the notch in the adapter ring a bit.
thats great to know. how about the connection? is it just plug in? is the plug difficult to access?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Romeo
Tourer

Originally Posted by love4steel
thats great to know. how about the connection? is it just plug in? is the plug difficult to access?
Just unplug from your stock headlamp and plug it onto the pigtail connector coming out of the LED headlamp. Bend the wires so that the connector will be behind the LED in the rear of the bucket. That's it!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
love4steel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Romeo
Just unplug from your stock headlamp and plug it onto the pigtail connector coming out of the LED headlamp. Bend the wires so that the connector will be behind the LED in the rear of the bucket. That's it!
perfect. aw man I cant wait! I think this mod is going to really increase my enjoyment of riding at night this season. although the stocker is pretty bright, the lack of focus/projection makes the throw a mess and that has always bothered me.

Quick Reply: HD LED headlight for dyna's