Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise-Mate...WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cruise-Mate...WOW!

I know many of y'all have this little engineering masterpiece
installed but I put one on last night and couldn't believe how
awesome it works. These should be offered as an option on
new bikes where a conventional cruise control set up is not
possible. Definitely in my top 10 list of mods, and one of the
least expensive.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM
trekez2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I love mine too!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How easy was it to install. I read the directions online and it mentioned having to do some drilling of the stock throttle lock hole. I think that was what was drilled anyways. I'm kind of leery of taking a drill to my bike but I'd love to have a throttle lock I actually felt safe using

Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 PM
dFREDb
Club Member

Very easy when you take it slow. Kit comes with jig, drill bit, and tap (bit and tap 10 bucks extra) If the jig is installed correctly, drilling and tapping the new hole are a piece of cake. Don't let the online instructions scare you. Job from start to finish about 30-45 minutes tops. Love it so much I'm recommending it to anyone with basic tools and a little patience. Instruction sheets have pics to guide you through every step. Engages and disengages safely and easily. Best money I ever spent for a part of this quality.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
redmonster13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does it work better than the 12 dollar plastic doodad that snaps over the stock throttle lock?

Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

I just got one installed on my ride last weekend, it wasn't real hard to install but did take a little while, taking the whole switch assy apart and my biggest problem is the hard plastic drill block was hitting the bottom of the switch housing not giving me a true vertical angle at the drill so I had to grind some material off the plastic drill block so it would line up straight. Then drilled and tapped that sucker, loctited and adjusted. Seemed like it was good to go, I am dying to check it out soon as these temps get up out of the 30's that is.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 AM
dFREDb
Club Member

Originally Posted by redmonster13
does it work better than the 12 dollar plastic doodad that snaps over the stock throttle lock?
Absolutely in my opinion. Much neater appearance and no loss of grip length.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:11 AM
dFREDb
Club Member

Originally Posted by cactusred
I just got one installed on my ride last weekend, it wasn't real hard to install but did take a little while, taking the whole switch assy apart and my biggest problem is the hard plastic drill block was hitting the bottom of the switch housing not giving me a true vertical angle at the drill so I had to grind some material off the plastic drill block so it would line up straight. Then drilled and tapped that sucker, loctited and adjusted. Seemed like it was good to go, I am dying to check it out soon as these temps get up out of the 30's that is.
Did you switch the plastic guide/bushing to the other side of the jig? I had to as it was installed backwards on the jig. It should bottom out under the top bolt and washer giving you a straight drill angle.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree, they are a nice little addition to have. Gives the throttle hand a rest every once and again.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dFREDb
Did you switch the plastic guide/bushing to the other side of the jig? I had to as it was installed backwards on the jig. It should bottom out under the top bolt and washer giving you a straight drill angle.
I did it word for word just like the picture and instructions called out, I chalked it up to a slight variance in aftermarket switch housing, not the factory hd black ones, I had put some chrome kuryakins or some deal on a couple years ago.

Quick Reply: Cruise-Mate...WOW!