Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bub 7 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsiltman
I just ordered a set from Dennis Kirk for $192 and free shipping, they had them on clearance. There was two in stock now there is one.
Yep, that's where I got mine for the same price back in August. I'm surprised they still had any left. Unbelievable price!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:28 AM
dsiltman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Yep, that's where I got mine for the same price back in August. I'm surprised they still had any left. Unbelievable price!
Thats when I saw them was back in August and never got around to getting them, then I saw this thread tonight and just happened to go to DK and look and they had them again. Could'nt pass em up this time.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i could only find the closeout price on the sportster pipe
i either just missed it or you ordered a sportster pipe

Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

unbelivable i found and clicked on the one for the dyna and it poped up no longer available. and you just bought one a few hours ago

Old 02-05-2011, 11:55 AM
rudyt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine. Also bought a quiet baffle as well. It's a chambered design vs. a smaller I.D. hole. Big difference in sound volume too. I gained a ton of lean angle clearance as a side benefit vs. stock FatBob exhaust.
The only problem that I came across when installing them was after I torqued the front/rear flanges (on the heads), the "middle" mounting flange (lower support bar) would not fit right. I went ahead and mod'ed the mount vs. putting the pipe to head mounts in a stressful situation. Was no big deal.
BTW, The original baffle is NOT wrapped from the manufacturer. Wrapping the original baffle would soften the bark a bit if you wanted to do that. Easy to pull the baffle out. I don't think that they are as loud as a D&D but I still find myself "looking around" while in town before pulling the trigger so I toned it down with the quiet baffle. When I get my build done, I am going to dyno the bike with both baffles just for curiousness sake.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to web site and only sportster pipes left missed out as well

Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

well, it sucks i missed the super deal, but i went ahead and ordered my bub7 anyway. I got it for $310 plus $40 shipping, which i thought was still a pretty good deal.

got it at mawonline.com
Motorcycle assessory warehouse

Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rudyt
Love mine. Also bought a quiet baffle as well. It's a chambered design vs. a smaller I.D. hole. Big difference in sound volume too.

BTW, The original baffle is NOT wrapped from the manufacturer. Wrapping the original baffle would soften the bark a bit if you wanted to do that. Easy to pull the baffle out. I don't think that they are as loud as a D&D but I still find myself "looking around" while in town before pulling the trigger so I toned it down with the quiet baffle. When I get my build done, I am going to dyno the bike with both baffles just for curiousness sake.
Well, the Bub 7 with my new build is WAY loud! What is this quiet baffle that you speak of?? Also, how does that stock baffle come out for packing or replacement? I just can't see any way of pulling it out.

As is, I'm afraid to ride into town or pass anywhere near a cop. With my cams it takes quite a few RPMs (and decibles) to start off. Dang, I guess I shouldn't have gone quite as aggressive with the engine mods. I'm hoping to quiet it down without spending too much more.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I got mine last year just after the $192 deal for $300, same as you above. I am a D&D fatcat guy had them on my last 3 bikes. This pipe will do for now, will eventually go with the fatcat or maybe the Fuelmoto 2-1 when they come out with it later this year. Can beat this pipe for the $ spend only thing that would make it better for me would be better low rpm tourque.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
rudyt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Well, the Bub 7 with my new build is WAY loud! What is this quiet baffle that you speak of?? Also, how does that stock baffle come out for packing or replacement? I just can't see any way of pulling it out.

As is, I'm afraid to ride into town or pass anywhere near a cop. With my cams it takes quite a few RPMs (and decibles) to start off. Dang, I guess I shouldn't have gone quite as aggressive with the engine mods. I'm hoping to quiet it down without spending too much more.

Hemi,
PN for the quiet baffles is 22-2151/1. I found them at J&P for $25. They are well built and are chambered. I "expect" to see a difference power/torque wise between the two when I dyno. It "felt" as though I may have lost a little hp and gained a little off idle torque. Won't know for sure until I finish my build and get it tuned. To give you an example, I can now hear the intake over the exhaust slightly during WOT with the quiet baffles. That is with a TC96 with TW-555 cams, SE intake, full 2-1 exhaust. I am in the middle of a 103ci, head port build right now. We'll see if it gets any louder.

Link: http://www.jpcycles.com/product/441-518

To remove the baffle, there are 2 button head allen screws on the inside next to the swingarm. I grinded down an allen wrench so I wouldn't have to remove the can to get access. Pretty painless depending on age of pipe I am sure. I would suggest a "little" red lock tight on the bolts that mount the can to the rear bracket while you are there. I lost a bolt not long after I installed them. Haven't had any problems since I installed a "LITTLE" red.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: bub 7 2 into 1