Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apartment dwellers with Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I guess I have it good with a carport that has 3 sides and a cover. LOL. I asked the owner if I could put on a garage door at my expense and was told no. LOL. I guess everyone would want a garage door then.

I could have bought a house instead of a bike, but then I'd have no bike. LOL. I'll be an apartment dweller for life as I manage so I get free rent...

Drew

Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd stay away from the enclosed trailer idea. That's way too easy to steal. My apartment dwelling buddy bought a trailer that wasn't enclosed and had it stolen a couple of days later. Fortunately his bike wasn't on it at the time but the thieves used the trailer to steal 3 or 4 other bikes that were in the parking lot. I think they were crotch rockets. He used a storage building for his bike.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'd stay away from the enclosed trailer idea. That's way too easy to steal. My apartment dwelling buddy bought a trailer that wasn't enclosed and had it stolen a couple of days later. Fortunately his bike wasn't on it at the time but the thieves used the trailer to steal 3 or 4 other bikes that were in the parking lot. I think they were crotch rockets. He used a storage building for his bike.
Take the tires off the trailer, leave it on blocks.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the Walmart cover before. It doesn't breath, and if you go from 30* to 55* and raining like it does in the mid-south. Your bike will be soaking wet.

I now use a fitted sheet over the rear fender and tank area, and a king sheet to cover the entire bike. My cat likes to sit on my seat at night sometimes is why I have the fitted seat. I do have a carport that keeps it out of rain and snow, and if needed I park it in the mini-storage if gone for extended periods.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I could have bought a house instead of a bike, but then I'd have no bike.
Amen.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like that idea. I'd take it one step further and put those anti theft lug nuts in the hubs so the thief can't bring his own wheels. Not too sure how crazy the land lord or homeowners association would be about the idea.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Reichpapers
Cruiser

I have a house, but no covered place to park the bike. I originally had grand plans of riding it through the basement door, but the door was too narrow. I settled for a 5x10 storage unit 2 miles away for $69.95 a month. It wasn’t bad, but it gets old having to return the bike and retrieve my car everyday. For the winter I left it at the dealership. Same price $70 a month, but they leave it on the charger, cover it and I get an oil change in the deal. 3 months minimum storage time. Looks like when it warms up, I’ll be back to the storage unit.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:20 PM
shp111
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Spiro Drummer
I've had a Bike Barn ever since I moved out of my condo into an apartment 5 years ago. Its done a great job and was worth the money.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I moved the only appartments I would consider renting were ones with a garage because of my vehicles and tools. Now I have four vehicles (a truck, a car, and the two bikes) and all but my truck are in my one car garage. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick Reply: Apartment dwellers with Harleys