Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Time

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
code1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Time

Well I hate to added a windshield/screen to my Fat Bob but I need something for weekend short hops on the highway as I am being beaten to death it seems at speeds over 60 mph. I am looking for something detachable and compact as it will not be mounted most of the time. If I could just knock the edge of the wind that would be great I am not looking for a full windshield heck some type of screen may work for my use. You guys have any ideas on a system that will work and still keep the bike looking great?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

IMO, Harley has some of the better looking ones out there. I've been looking for a while now too, and those seem to be the best looking. But I also think that a windshield will never look as good on a bike without one.

I'm in the same boat as you, highway speeds for any distance are real tough. I'm headed to Sturgis this year and will be buying the HD windshield prior to that 1,700 mile round trip.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
MacBean
Cruiser

i have a HD shield. it works well, on and off in seconds

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the WindVest is a great option. With a little tweaking you should be able to get one to work perfect for what your wanting. I have totally modded mine and don't mind the wind on my face and head. Mine was a 14" shield before I started hacking...Here is what I've come up with...

Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
TheReprobate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
I think the WindVest is a great option. With a little tweaking you should be able to get one to work perfect for what your wanting. I have totally modded mine and don't mind the wind on my face and head. Mine was a 14" shield before I started hacking...Here is what I've come up with...

That looks fantastic.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MacBean
i have a HD shield. it works well, on and off in seconds
Same here. Funny thing is, I've only taken it off to clean the bike. I like the way the Harley shield looks and I love the ride without the wind blast. I spend too much time at 70 mph. I'll take it off for city rides, like Sturgis or whatever, but that's it.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm like Clicker01; I only took off my windshield for cleaning and it goes on and off in
seconds leaving no hardware on the fork. I've now gone to a Memphis Shades Batwing,
but the shield worked fine for me.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
bowhuntr74
6th Gear

I installed a Memphis Shades Del Rio on my bike. Its detachable and the hardware that remains on the "trees" is bearable to look at. 19" wide and 15" tall. Easy on and off with the the quick detach mounts. I put it on for road trips. Pull it off for cruising around local. Have actually found myself leaving it on more because it actually adds to the looks of the bike.

Last edited by bowhuntr74; 01-31-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
code1
Advanced
Default Screen

Has anyone tried one of the National Cycle Reflector Screen DX models ?

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/c...model=hr%2d067"

Old 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm the only guy that doesn't mind the wind/turbulance at speed. Or maybe I'm still too new to riding that I still like it. I've also never been behind a shield to know what a smoother ride it might be. Meh...

I don't think a windshield, windvest, SOA-fairing, and batwing-fairing can look good on a Dyna. But that doesn't matter. It's a mostly a functional addition to the bike, not something you're adding to make the bike look better. Maybe the SOA-fairing is the exception to that statement.

That windvest doesn't look half bad though. Where did you get that Eric?

Last edited by Punchsmack; 01-31-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Windshield Time