Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna death!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
roc1200l
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default let them total it

If it where me I'd let them total it. You can always buy it back for the salvage bid.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roc1200l
If it where me I'd let them total it. You can always buy it back for the salvage bid.
I would, but its already paid for, and I really don't want to buy it again, besides he paid for it, and I didn't have to use my insurance.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn shame, glad you're ok. At least this guy's accepting responsibility...volunteering his cash like that I'd just drop the bike off and have them fix it all at once so you can get back on the road again as soon as you're healed up.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:31 PM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rockon
Damn shame, glad you're ok. At least this guy's accepting responsibility...volunteering his cash like that I'd just drop the bike off and have them fix it all at once so you can get back on the road again as soon as you're healed up.
Thats exactly what i'm doing, the dealer says they'll be done by tomorrow evening, new front end, primary, trees, handle bars, forks, foot peg, horn, shift linkage, crash bars. I'm actually not completely out, I'm at work now, my leg hurts like hell, but I intend on riding it back home tomorrow.

And I really do appreciate all the support you guys are giving me.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Jmcar99
Novice

Sounds like someone was looking out for you... Glad to hear you are alright and will be riding soon...

Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

that sux ! the Harley Gods were with you.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Really glad to hear that both you and the bike are going to be alright.

Just want to make sure I got this straight; bike is hit yesterday, incurs over $4,500 in damages, and you're picking it up fully repaired tomorrow?

Who are you, Willie D? Which dealership?

I needed a couple nuts and bolts for a front end project, and HD has to order them in and it takes 2 weeks! The parts I need are never in stock.

Accidents totally suck, but the way it's working out, you are a very lucky man. I hope the repair to your leg goes as smoothly and quickly as the repair to your bike.

Originally Posted by notfairweather
Thats exactly what i'm doing, the dealer says they'll be done by tomorrow evening, new front end, primary, trees, handle bars, forks, foot peg, horn, shift linkage, crash bars. I'm actually not completely out, I'm at work now, my leg hurts like hell, but I intend on riding it back home tomorrow.

And I really do appreciate all the support you guys are giving me.

Last edited by bigdaddy33; 01-28-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
Really glad to hear that both you and the bike are going to be alright.

Just want to make sure I got this straight; bike is hit yesterday, incurs over $4,500 in damages, and you're picking it up fully repaired tomorrow?

Who are you, Willie D? Which dealership?

I needed a couple nuts and bolts for a front end project, and HD has to order them in and it takes 2 weeks! The parts I need are never in stock.

I hope the repair to your leg goes as smoothly and quickly as the repair to your bike.
My name is Scott, and the dealer is baton rouge, luckily they have the parts in stock, the only thing i have to wait on is the tank and fender. And I could have swore it was Willie G???

Old 01-28-2011, 03:47 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL. Willie D is his much lesser known brother. I really need to learn to type or at least proofread.

Glad everything is working out for you in what could obviously been a much worse situation.

Ride safe!

Originally Posted by notfairweather
My name is Scott, and the dealer is baton rouge, luckily they have the parts in stock, the only thing i have to wait on is the tank and fender. And I could have swore it was Willie G???

Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Bent the rod holding your leg together from another sccident.,and you where up and walking around, . That is awesome, your one bad azz dude. Kinda reminds me of the terminator movies when he just keeps comming.

Glad your ok and good for you for not punching the dude in the face ,shows your a better man than me.

Quick Reply: Dyna death!!!