Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna death!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by chevele72
Glad you're able to tell us about it. What's the limit on his card!?
With any luck he has an American Express Black Card (no limit), however then there is the issue with most stealerships not taking American Express!

Good to hear you were able to walk away from the accident, now it's time to make those mods you've been dreaming about!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 AM
notfairweather
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Glad you're ok. If you were up and moving, how did you restrain the urge to strangle the person that caused all this. Wish you the best of luck with repairs/new bike.
Only reason I was able to "not" strangle him, was his reaction. Come to find out, he rides too, and he was more upset than I was. I just got the quote from Harley, $4513.23. Thank God I ain't paying for it, but I'm dropping off the bike today. By the way, the rod in my leg has to be replaced, and 2 compression injuries on my leg and foot. Still didn't miss a day of work! LOL

Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blueangel73
With any luck he has an American Express Black Card (no limit), however then there is the issue with most stealerships not taking American Express!

Good to hear you were able to walk away from the accident, now it's time to make those mods you've been dreaming about!
His card was already approved, the dealer is working to get that money fast!!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bigmikaele
It is amazing that you are up and walking, and it is great that he is willing to open his card to fix your bike, but the medical bills aren't going to be paid by the dealership. What is his plan for that? I would have the dealership check the neck of your bike... it may not look bent but to bend the front forks and destroy your crash bar it might be cracked so you may have to use that CC to get a new bike... I had a girl friend that hit a stone wall (MUCH slower) with her crash bar and cracked the frame in 2 places. No one else at the scene could see anything wrong with the bike (save the crash bar). And she rode it home at 70+ mph with a cracked neck.
We are discussing the med bills, he is willing to pay those too, funny thing is that the car he hit me with was a 2010 mercedes suv. here is his car. Also, Harley went over the frame, it stayed intact.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna death!!!-imag0007.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 AM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Here is the right side of the bike, guess I'm lucky that he has money!!

Attached Thumbnails Dyna death!!!-imag0006.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad your ok !

Good thing the guy that hit you even has a cc#.

Even better if he has good insurance OR you have uninsured motorist insurance coverage.

In Florida the legal insurance required would not even pay for much more than one day in the hospital, much less the cost of surgery. There the state puts all the burden on responsible people who buy uninsured and underinsured motorist policies.

Everyone can make a mistake once in awhile, but these people who run red lights consistently are amazing. And even more amazing is the fact that many people object to Red Light cameras as an invasion of privacy (even though it's mounted in a public intersection).

In 1996 an idiot ran a red light and T boned me. I was driving a Ford Ranger pickup. I did better than the pickup which was a total wreck. It broke my neck, cut my left ear off (they sewed it back on) and some other infirmities. After 8 weeks in a cast up to my chin, I was able to go back to work. But it took me 6 months to regain the strength in my right arm and I had to relearn how to write with a pencil. The guy that hit me had no money or property and his mininum insurance paid $10,000 of which my lawyer got a third. My insurance paid most of my medical bills and lost wages. But then I did not have underinsured motorist coverage, now I do. I still have trouble sleeping from the pain which the doc told me will get worse as I get older.

I believe that red light cameras are a good thing.

Again glad you are OK. Hope you have better luck when you're better. R_W_B

Last edited by R_W_B; 01-28-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear you are OK and you were able to walk away from this....I have been there a few times myself and have the scars and hardware to prove it..... Hope you get better real fast and that the scoot won't be down too long!!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by notfairweather
Only reason I was able to "not" strangle him, was his reaction. Come to find out, he rides too, and he was more upset than I was. I just got the quote from Harley, $4513.23. Thank God I ain't paying for it, but I'm dropping off the bike today. By the way, the rod in my leg has to be replaced, and 2 compression injuries on my leg and foot. Still didn't miss a day of work! LOL
Glad to hear he is being decent about it and trying to make things right.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 PM
rogue125
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Praise the Lord you were able to walk away from this, as well as get everything taken care of for the scooter. My prayers go up for you to have a speedy recovery and that all goes well with rehab.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
notfairweather
Cruiser

Update, dropped my bike off at the dealer, I'll have it back tomorrow evening.

Quick Reply: Dyna death!!!