Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project DRAG BOB..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like it's going to look awesome! The gloss black powder will look perfect with that paint scheme.

Originally Posted by Los11
Yeah thanks... I have decided on the piant I am gonna go with Pepper Grey Metallic with a nice Black Metallic stripe just like the Elanor Mustang I think it will look sick with my Powder Coated Headz and Cyclinders which are a metallic Greyish Silver and are also diamond cut I got a hell of a deal on those... and I am thinking of doing the Rocker Boxes, Push rods, tappet covers in Gloss Black I think that will be bad ***... what do you guys think??

Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

There's so much written about the tru track (and similar systems) on this forum, it can make your head spin. Educated guess is that 80 - 90% of the riders who have it like it. The other 10 - 20% either don't feel the benefit or complain about increased vibration. BTW, Bert Baker endorses it for baggers and feels the benefit outweighs the increased vibes.

Having done a bunch of mods to improve suspension and handling, I haven't felt the need.

Besides the Superbrace I looking into the tru track system for the my bike anybody here run it on there Fat Bob just wonjdering if its worth the money and really improves handeling and stability? Any help would be appreciated...

Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

UPDATE.....

Started the motor got the cylinders and heads in started doing the woods cam and installing the fueling oil pump which was a little bit of a PITA... Fueling recommends that your runout be less then .0025 to run that oil pump usually HD cranks have more then that runout out the door nevermind on a bike with miles on it. Checked the runout with the Fueling gauge and it was about .0017 which felt fine, so I figured I could use the oil pump if not I would just went back to the stock oil pump but I really wanted the increased flow with this new beast I am building.. So on to the pump Following Fueling directions they stated to mount the oil pump to the cam plate then fit the whole assembly in the cam chest and install the bolts then rotate the engine by moving the rear wheel so everything centers itself on the crankshaft the cam plate gears, oil pump etc. for some reason when we tighten the bolts which are 110lbs per fueling specs something was binding bad couldnt even rotate the motor at all it just locked up......

So thinking now WTF.. thats not good took everyhting apart and it looked like something shifted the oil pump and a o ring got mis aligned and the oil pump gears were binding.... Anyway it all worked out by installing the oil pump first in the cam chest then installing the cam plate then bolting everything up rotate the engine and torque everything down and it was moving freely no bind... Hopefully nothing was wrong with the oil pump it did feel like the billet face had a little raised edge maybe a milling fault from the factory but it seems to be fine now.. I guess I will find out when I start her up and see what my oil pressure is...

Next on to finishing up the motor, insatlling the screamin eagle compensator and barnett clutch, throttle body air cleaner, exhaust etc etc.. Still have some work... So more to come..

I took plenty of pics just have to download them I will post them up..

Last edited by Los11; 02-20-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Los11
Road Captain

The silver grey powder coated cylinders and heads looked pretty good on the black cases and everything I am gonna use chrome lowers and chrome upper rocker boxes I got chrome tappet covers and chrome push rod covers, the rest I figure I will leave black its not totally done but what do you guys think..

Last edited by Los11; 02-20-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Los11
Road Captain

I also decided to get some Screamin Eagle Roller Rockers I know I didnt need them with the cam I am running but I figured if I decided to do a higher lift cam in the future something more agressive like a Woods W9F which is .650 right now I am running a W8 with .590 so I know I didnt need them but figured they were a nice addition. I was also thinking about getting the woods directional lifters but I know the stock Harley lifters are great. Here is a pic of the SE Rocker Arms in the support plate.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Also got my new HPI throttle body which is all I can say BAD ***.... There worksmanship is top notch what a nice product def worth the money I think its the only throttle body to get, you can send your out to them but I think getting there 55mm is the way to go.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Here is a pic of my new spokes Black rims Black hubs with Chrome spokes 16's front and rear...................

Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

holy ****, looking awesome dude.

as far as i'm concerned, the silver engine with chrome bits is gonna pop like a motherf*cker in a blacked out bike

i love the rims, they're like the short, fat cousins to the ones i'm putting on my bike LOL

keep posting pics man.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for all the pics. Your bike is going to look amazing, and should run real strong.

Also, good thinking planning for the future wherever possible. I'm running the Woods TW9F and it's an awesome cam.

I also decided to get some Screamin Eagle Roller Rockers I know I didnt need them with the cam I am running but I figured if I decided to do a higher lift cam in the future something more agressive like a Woods W9F which is .650 right now I am running a W8 with .590 so I know I didnt need them but figured they were a nice addition. I was also thinking about getting the woods directional lifters but I know the stock Harley lifters are great. Here is a pic of the SE Rocker Arms in the support plate.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by toastman
holy ****, looking awesome dude.

as far as i'm concerned, the silver engine with chrome bits is gonna pop like a motherf*cker in a blacked out bike

i love the rims, they're like the short, fat cousins to the ones i'm putting on my bike LOL

keep posting pics man.
Thanks bro , yeah I think when I am all done she is gonna look good.. You getting some spokes??

Quick Reply: Project DRAG BOB..