Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob chrome primary HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:11 PM
20RoadGlidin
|
Road Master
Default Fat Bob chrome primary HELP!!

So I want to get a chrome outer primary cover for my Fat Bob, but $350 is pretty steep. I keep seeing good deals on these ones on ebay with the part number 60784-06, and they all say they fit '06 and new dynas with forward controls, plus some softails. My issue is, I can't even find the part number in the harley catalog or on their website. Is this a part from an old model which isn't made anymore? Does anyone have an old parts catalog laying around that can look it up for me? Does anyone know if this part number will fit my bike? Thanks for any help guys.

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:30 PM
O-Town D
Road Master

"So I want to get a chrome outer primary cover for my Fat Bob, but $350 is pretty steep..."

Or you could just take your present cover off and have it chromed at a local shop; a few days waiting time involved, but at least you know there won't be any problems with fitment, and the cost is a lot more reasonable. Did several pieces on my older bikes that way with good results.

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:51 PM
dyna rider
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Default Primary

That part number is NOT listed in my 06 parts manual.

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:54 PM
rds1778
Cruiser

The p/n found on the website (under an 07 wideglide, keeping in mind that a wideglide and some fat bobs are the only dynas stock with forwards) is 60782-06. I have a street bob and put forwards on and a chrome primary which was designed for forwards. I plugged the whole in the inner primary with gas tank sealant putty. Anyhow, does the Fat Bob have the cap on the outer primary with fwds?

Heres the link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:55 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by O-Town D
"So I want to get a chrome outer primary cover for my Fat Bob, but $350 is pretty steep..."

Or you could just take your present cover off and have it chromed at a local shop; a few days waiting time involved, but at least you know there won't be any problems with fitment, and the cost is a lot more reasonable. Did several pieces on my older bikes that way with good results.

Never had a part chromed in less than 6 weeks, and I considered that one lightening speed.

What about all these guys going with the "blacked out" fad?

Maybe you can find a guy to trade?

Old 01-18-2011 | 06:57 PM
20RoadGlidin
|
Road Master

I could go that route but it seems like it would be a lot of work to prep a wrinkle black cover and make it into a smooth chrome finish. Also, I really like to keep my stock parts so I can put the bike back to stock if I ever need to.

I'm seeing these used in great condition on ebay for less than a hundo including shipping so I'd rather go that method if possible.

My motivation here is that the right side of my bike has a very nice even mix of chrome and black, but the left side has way more black. I want to even it out. I'm also throwing around the idea of a chrome derby cover, but I don't think that would be enough. I really like the idea of a chrome primary with maybe a black derby cover. I think I'd like the contrast.

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:03 PM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Never had a part chromed in less than 6 weeks, and I considered that one lightening speed.

+1, I have a chrome one, and I wanna go to black. Trade? mine is a 99 though, don't know if it will fit lol

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:09 PM
20RoadGlidin
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by dyna rider
That part number is NOT listed in my 06 parts manual.
Thanks for checking for me. I appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by rds1778
The p/n found on the website (under an 07 wideglide, keeping in mind that a wideglide and some fat bobs are the only dynas stock with forwards) is 60782-06. I have a street bob and put forwards on and a chrome primary which was designed for forwards. I plugged the whole in the inner primary with gas tank sealant putty. Anyhow, does the Fat Bob have the cap on the outer primary with fwds?

Heres the link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
The Fat Bob doesn't seem to come with a cap, its just flat. There's a side view of my bike in my album. Here's the link to one of the covers I've been looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
I know it ended already, but it's the same one. It really looks like the exact same part to me, just chrome. I just don't want to waste my time or money.

Originally Posted by Faast Ed

I will consider that route, but I like to keep my stock parts whenever possible.

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:10 PM
20RoadGlidin
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ryanek9freak
+1, I have a chrome one, and I wanna go to black. Trade? mine is a 99 though, don't know if it will fit lol
Lol yeah I don't think they would fit.

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:48 PM
mud
muderator
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by --utaptout--

on ebay with the part number 60784-06,
that part# is no good.

it's off by one digit

........60784-06
........60764-06 would be a good chrome #

Originally Posted by --utaptout--

Here's the link to one of the covers I've been looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
the part# 60782-06 in that auction is also a good #
so the two good #s are
60782-06
60764-06

I only guessing here -
one number is forward control
the other mid control

Quick Reply: Fat Bob chrome primary HELP!!