Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about pegs/pedals/floorboads

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:29 PM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How about pegs/pedals/floorboads

So i have alot of titanium in my lower right leg and ankle. Because of this I have a ton of discomfort when riding. I have had the mid stock pegs, forward stock pegs, forwars fatter pegs, and pedals now. I have tried moving between forward and mids nothing helps. I lose all comfort after a hour on the bike. I am really considering floor boards to try and have full support. that is the problem is the support. here are some i found that look ok.
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/.../ds-254412.htm
I know they are going to take away from my bike but, there is nothing I can do to help that. has anyone tried these? looks? thoughts? something differnt to try? I also found a kit for 400.00 but that is a little steep to try. any other ideas im at a loss.....

Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
jshull
Road Master

here is a pic to drive the point home.......i cant find one of the ankle right now.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jshull
So i have alot of titanium in my lower right leg and ankle. Because of this I have a ton of discomfort when riding. I have had the mid stock pegs, forward stock pegs, forwars fatter pegs, and pedals now. I have tried moving between forward and mids nothing helps. I lose all comfort after a hour on the bike. I am really considering floor boards to try and have full support. that is the problem is the support. here are some i found that look ok.
I know they are going to take away from my bike but, there is nothing I can do to help that. has anyone tried these? looks? thoughts? something differnt to try? I also found a kit for 400.00 but that is a little steep to try. any other ideas im at a loss.....
Depends on your point of view, i do not think they "take away" anything from the bike, they add... But that's just my opinion.

I have read a few things online about the FXDP models (cop bikes) having a vibration. If anybody has one, or the aftermarket version of them, it would be nice to hear some feedback.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
NYdyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a set for sale on the dyna section..check them out

Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Knucklehead15
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent hours trying to get these in the right position on my bike. It never happened I ended up selling on ebay. I would go another route.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I think they are called wyatt floorboards it uses the floorboard attached to the mid peg mount and forward control mount....

Also who cares if it takes away from the "look" what u need is comfort
thats all that matters in my book..i have a plate and 5 screws in my wrist but i am lucky my apes dont bother me...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

You may want to take a look at these, i have considered, but am nervous to pull the trigger till I get some real good feedback or even see them first hand. http://www.debrix.com/Wyatt-s-Footbo...27-0920-vt.htm

Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
jshull
Road Master

I seen those, but turning loose of 350.00 is tuff! thats why I was thinkin of the cheap way out, plus it looks like you can take part of the mount off and mount them tighter.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
chi45cken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jshull
J- why don't you try the setup i have? It really provides a full support for your foot as it can rest on both the cruise peg and the dually...

I used Kury's cruise mounts for forward controls - it works miracles and it provides a bunch of options as to the positioning of your feet.. Let me see about some pics..

And originally in chrome:

Last edited by chi45cken; 01-18-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added pics

Quick Reply: How about pegs/pedals/floorboads