Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with belt alignment issue!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
starbound
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with belt alignment issue!!

Well I have been reassembling my bike after having appart for paint. I decided to replace the drive belt because mine had some bad spots in it along the edges and one spot on the back. Anyway I picked up a used belt that looks to be in good shape at a swap meet. Same number of teeth as mine etc. Anyway I have it back together and I can't get the belt to track straight when I align the rear wheel. When I role the wheel forward the belt walks to the left on the front pully and when I roll the wheel backward it walks to the right. I can make it better by adjusting the rear wheel but I can't get it completely out, and when I do that then my distances on the right and left don't match like the manual says to. Has anyone run into this before? Could this used belt I got cause this? My only option now is to pull the belt off and put the original back on. The back pully looks to be in good shape, but the front pully does appear worn some. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Starbound

Old 10-02-2006, 07:46 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help with belt alignment issue!!

don't have axle spacers on wrong side do you?