Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tools?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
MacBean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey bikerlaw that pipe turned out great. way cool

Old 01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zac Strayer
Oh now i see your bag on the forks. i think i would do that instead of saddle bags. especially if i can find one to my taste. they got them in goth or vampiric style?
There are lots of styles, not sure about vampiric, but black with studs are prolific.

Goth bags

Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With the side plate making the left side pretty useless, I carry my tool bag on the swing arm. It's a cheapy so if it gets funky, no biggy, but stays pretty clean nonetheless.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Zac Strayer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lo-rider
No matter what, you should buy the factory service & parts manual. And a lift.

Do a search--there are recent threads on bike tools.

You'll need a compact set to carry on the bike at all times; start w/ that. Then fill in w/ the rest that you'll keep in the shop.

oh definately gonna buy the manual to the bike. as for a lift? chit i dont think ill be able to get one of those lol
i was hoping to use the two jacks i have some how or find a new harley friend with a lift. crap now ya got me sweating on a lift and i was just thinking where im gonna get an extra 2k for new rims.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh definately gonna buy the manual to the bike. as for a lift? chit i dont think ill be able to get one of those lol
i was hoping to use the two jacks i have some how or find a new harley friend with a lift. crap now ya got me sweating on a lift and i was just thinking where im gonna get an extra 2k for new rims.
Motorcycle jack is all you need. I picked mine up on Craigslist for $50.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tool you will absolutely use the most is a set of allen sockets That was the first addition to my toolbox after I bought my first HD, and 15 years later I still use them more than anything else.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Zac Strayer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by O.F.
With the side plate making the left side pretty useless, I carry my tool bag on the swing arm. It's a cheapy so if it gets funky, no biggy, but stays pretty clean nonetheless.

OF, Is that a 2011 FXDWG? that bike is so badazz looking i cant wait to purchase mine. even though the flames are sweet i plan a custom paint job the first year i have it.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
grandparon45
Advanced

To carry on the bike, a wrench to fit the battery bolts and a wire brush to clean corrosion. An about 30' of parachute cord to be towed with just in case...
For the garage, everything everyone else has said + a wrench to fit the top fork plugs and a spanner wrench to adjust the shocks with.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend quality Torx and Hex socket bits. If you try to go cheap especially with the Torx they will twist on you and you'll waste money. I have also started by the new ratcheting combination wrenches whenever I find myself using a particular normal wrench a lot. I especially like the ones with a flex head on them. I use one fairly regularly when I clean the air filter on my vance and hines intake. The bolts are on the back side of it making them a bit of a pain to get to with a regular combination wrench

Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

So when i finaly buy my first DYNA Wide Glide what are the most important tools ill need to work and fix and customize the bike with?

Is there a certain tool i should have no matter what?
What tools do you have now?

Quick Reply: Tools?