Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D2MOTO
utaptout, our first version tail lights had some quality issue and that why we are here to clean up the air. We do offer our customers exchange( actually we didn't require them to ship back the old version tail light ) or full refund if they are not satisfied with our products.
Please read the post #35
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...signals-4.html

Now, as you said you don't mind bashing a company that willing to stand behind their products?! The bottom line is, I don't think you even see our version 3 tail light in person.

"IMO, taking people's money, no matter how small the amount, for a lousy product is no different than stealing."

I have couple questions for you buddy.
1. If you never see this tail light in person/try it, how do you know it is a lousy product ?
2. If we offer free exchange or even full refund if not satisfied, how can we taking people's money / stealing ??

"hence the horrible grammar from "Christine""

I sorry that if her grammar is not as perfect as yours, but she speaks 5 different languages and how many did you speak? I wish you can respect yourself and others as we are all adults, so please act like one.

We are actually helped couple of members here to install their tail light yesterday, here is the review, post #38
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...signals-4.html

Thanks
Vince
First of all, I never said that you weren't willing to stand behind your products. Don't put words in my mouth. Also, if I've already read several negative reviews about your products, why am I going to spend my money on it? If you had built your products right the first time, you wouldn't have had these reviews in the first place. I applaud your willingness to refund customers money when they're not satisfied, and also your willingness to improve on a product that was junk that people weren't foolish enough to accept the first time.

As far as acting like adults, my comment was simply meant to point out that your product seemed to be sketchy to me. If you took it out of context, that's your problem. To tell me to act like an adult immediately after trying to tell me that I'm not as smart as Christine because she speaks 5 different languages, makes you sound like a complete hypocrite. I speak the language that is relevant to my country, and that's all that is necessary. If it was my job to sell inferior products at bargain prices to consumers in foreign countries, I'd learn the languages of those countries. But then again, I don't believe in doing that.

This forum is here for us members to talk about various things, and to share opinions. I have done nothing more than that here. I apologize if you or Christine are offended by what I've said in the thread. I'm a firm believer in certain cliches like "you get what you pay for", and I only meant to warn people that this might be the case here. There is A LOT of junk being sold to Americans these days. Maybe I am overly opinionated, but it is my right as an American citizen.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Titan56
Taillight came in. Quality is not the best but is only $50. Installed it on my fender and it looks great. Will see how long it works for. The wires where not color coded correctly and the harness is way to long. The circuit board just sits in the lens with no support. The wires hold the board in. I had to make some changes add foam strips for a good fit. On the plus side with some elbow grease this is a nice looking taillight. The low profile lens is really nice looking. The LED's are very bright. Getting rid of those clunky directionals is a nice clean look. I also bought Mckay's Cycle Creation's swing arm lights for directionals as well, so my directionals should be nice and bright. Here are some pic's of the fender with light installed. Will post more pics when bike is complete. So many mods so little time.
So it looks like with a little bit of R+D of your own, this tail light is slick lookin. Performance reviews are still out though. Boy, there is alot goin on in this thread. Here come my . I have to be quite honest when i first read this thread it seemed quite appealing I mean c'mon 50 bucks! What a deal! But, now that ive heard a little from soneone who actually purchased the item in question, I think ill go another route. Something about an inferior replacement for an inferior product just dosent sound too practical. I will say that the tail light looks very nice on your fender, theres no question there.

Disclaimer: The above written statement is that of an opinon of its author taken from numerous different accounts. It is in no way intended to offend or hurt the feelings of anyone whom may be unfortunate enough to read it. It is in no way intended to dissuade any single person, or group of persons from purchasing the afore mentioned product. No words either written, or implied, were indended to portray any company, or its products in a negavtive light. The afore mentioned statement of opinion is intended for the thoughtful pondering of adults and adults only. Keep away from children. If ingested induce vomitting and promptly call poision control. May cause eye irritation and massive, uncontrolable cerebral hemorrhage.
DITW-8.1735.OH

Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

So basically this product is just like any other product out there on the market, it has its supporters and its opposers. To each his own.
Ive recently purchased the kury plate bracket with integrated signals from J&P and i think it looks pretty nice myself.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/383-286

It can be wired up for run/turn or run/brake applications. Mine will be run/turn. It will accompany the red low pro kury deluxe pancea tail light on my rear fender in lieu of any bulky bullet turn signals. Ill post some pics as soon as the tins are back from paint.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Gambler72
Tourer

I went with the kury and here it is installed.... sorry the pics are a little blurry they are crappy phone cam. pics... and yes I also realize that Im missing other parts.. they are out for powder....

Attached Thumbnails LED Tail Lights?-image_363.jpg   LED Tail Lights?-image_364forum.jpg   LED Tail Lights?-image_365.jpg   LED Tail Lights?-image_366.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

Well Don't waste your money on the eBay one here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FL-sm...item4cf6ed7f02

This is what it looks like less than a month after putting on the bike.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun. Just sent an e-mail to the company who sold the light and got a response less than 10min later. They are dropping a new light in the mail as we speak. I'll do an update when I get the new one and see how long that one lasts.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure I've said this before but you get what you pay for.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased the D2Moto back in March. I read the reviews, and decided it was worth a try for $50 considering the Kury one sucks (My friend is on his third one) and some of the other ones were way to expensive. I knew there were no instructions but I have been wrenching and building cars and bikes for 30 years or so and figured that it would be easy to figure out the wiring and install the light. Well it was a piece of cake to install and the light so far is working well. People who have ridden behind me say that it works just fine and they see no issues with the light at all. It really cleans up the back end of the bike and for the money it is well worth it imho....

Attached Thumbnails LED Tail Lights?-winter-mods-2011-001.jpg   LED Tail Lights?-winter-mods-2011-004.jpg   LED Tail Lights?-winter-mods-2011-013.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
jcmusic
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the one from Bad *** Lights, I know it is costly but, consider this. My wife is usually on the back with me and no amount of money is worth losing her, the last thing I ever wanted to hear is (Officer I didn't see him) So bright *** led tail light and led turn signals, think about it!!! Also have an HID headlight on my Low Rider as well, so I know they will see me coming and going!!!!

Jay