Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Controversy might not have been the right word, but I've seen numerous posts across the forum from guys who have said they've gotten comments from cagers and riders behind them who can't tell the difference between "run" and "brake" on their Kury LED tail lights during daylight hours. I hate the red rocket on the back of my bike, but I'm not going low profile or LED only to get rear-ended.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's interesting. I know a guy who has the Kuryakin, and I don't recall noticing any problem with the brightness. I thought it even seemed brighter than stock. I'll look closer next time.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option is the Hyper Lite. I have a pair on the back of my street glide. Thought it might be too much for the Fat Bob. Might just go with a single Hyper lite below the plate. Kind of like the idea of a light that is not on at all until I touch the brake. Comparible to the window brake light on a car the more I think about it. I have had a lot of comments on how bright and noticable my brake lights are on the FLHX.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
D2MOTO
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

We are new to this forum but not to this industry. I am here to answer some of the questions about our Version 3 tail light.

This tail light is coming with integrated turn signals function. If you just want the brake light and running light function, then you will not require load equalizers for this unit and they will be plug and play as well..

Here is the video show you guys how bright of our tail light is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COB62...layer_embedded

More detail info here: Harley tail light

Thank you
Vince

Last edited by D2MOTO; 01-20-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:44 PM
risdo
Road Captain

So if you don't want the turn signals, you just plug in the brake light, and tie off the turn signal wires?

Does it use the standard connector in the H-D taillight base?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM
D2MOTO
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by risdo
So if you don't want the turn signals, you just plug in the brake light, and tie off the turn signal wires?

Does it use the standard connector in the H-D taillight base?
If you don't want the turn signals function, you don't have to connect them. And yes, this tail light comes with standard connector (male side plug) and you can directly plug in for running light and brake light

Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain

Nice looking lens, but one problem I had with the video is it doesn't show the difference between running and brake light. That has been a problem in the past with some of the older LEDs, including Kury.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer

i have the kury on the rear and it is great, no problems with the running vs. stop brightness. I am very happy with it, and my riding buddys say its too bright for thier taste.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
D2MOTO
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thealaskan
Nice looking lens, but one problem I had with the video is it doesn't show the difference between running and brake light. That has been a problem in the past with some of the older LEDs, including Kury.
Actually the brightness of the brake like didn't show 100% from the video, maybe our camera is not good enough. It does has a big different between running and brake light. I will try to put up another video tomorrow.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM
zbones2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by D2MOTO
Actually the brightness of the brake like didn't show 100% from the video, maybe our camera is not good enough. It does has a big different between running and brake light. I will try to put up another video tomorrow.
Thanks D2, I like to see the run, brake & turn signal running all at once, like in everyday use. I'm interested in the contrast between the run light and turn signal and brake light and turn signal..

Last edited by zbones2; 01-20-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights?