Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the HD led tail lamp. Very pleased. Perfect fit and finish and bright. Reasonable at $139 through your local HD dealer.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

I think this may be a "you get what you pay for" deal. While a bit to bite off in the wallet department, you can't beat a Bright *** Lights LED tail light. I've had one for about a month and it is the best mod I've done to my bike. Others in forum have said the same. Took 3 minutes to install and no load eq needed. IMHO, you can't put a price on doing everything you can to make sure others see you. I also installed a PIAA bulb for the headlight. It was another good mod since there is not an LED headlight option, that I could find, for my 04 WG.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
BftXJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if someone bought this what kit would you but to get rid of the turn signals and get quick detach harware for the open space and the front bolt?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
JBourquin
Road Master

Originally Posted by risdo
Man, I like that! Wish I had seen this thread before I bought mine. That one's a lot thinner than mine! And a lot brighter...

Do they make one like that without the turn signal function?

I paid $30 for this one from Chopperscycle. I really wanted the Kuryakin one, but they wanted $120 for theirs.

The LED bulb isn't real bright. I may have to swap it out:

I have the same on my bike and my buddies all say they can't even tell when I'm on the brake in the day time.
Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Got the HD led tail lamp. Very pleased. Perfect fit and finish and bright. Reasonable at $139 through your local HD dealer.
I hardly consider $140 for a taillight reasonable.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
sfetty
Road Captain

Thanks for the replies. Since nobody seems to have one, one of us will have to be the tester. I'm still a little concerned. I agree, normally you get what you pay for. But I am always looking for that guy out there willing to give you a good deal on a quality product. Every once in a while I find him! lol!!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Speedhitter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks pretty sweet! And it says no modifications required so I would gamble you don't need to worry about the load. Whats the Ebay price? The same?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I might order one, waiting for email reply from them on the load equalizer

Old 01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Just talked with Victor @ D2 Moto. He will be sponsor of HD Forums soon.
The product looks great, anyone have ideas on wiring for 12 volt, 1960 Panhead W/O turn signals.
I would like to make use of turn signals included in product. I would need turn signal switch-turn signal flasher-wiring diagram. Anyone ever completed this type of project? Any suggestions, thanks!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesDyna
I think this may be a "you get what you pay for" deal. While a bit to bite off in the wallet department, you can't beat a Bright *** Lights LED tail light. I've had one for about a month and it is the best mod I've done to my bike. Others in forum have said the same. Took 3 minutes to install and no load eq needed. IMHO, you can't put a price on doing everything you can to make sure others see you. I also installed a PIAA bulb for the headlight. It was another good mod since there is not an LED headlight option, that I could find, for my 04 WG.

I've been thinking of the BAL-3 myself...

Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, over my lunch break, I spoke to the tech guy at Choppers Cycle (who I bought mine from), the tech guy at D2 Moto, and I emailed Kuryakin asking about their taillight.

They all told me the exact same thing: you need a load equalizer if turn signals are involved. If it's just the brake light, with no signals, you do NOT need the load equalizer.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights?