Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Ricor suspension complete!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:54 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DutchBob
After doing the Intiminators last month, yesterday the postman made my day by showing up with the Ricor rear shocks! Installed them yesterday evening and adjusted them to the right sag.
I noticed mine look a bit different on the bottom then some others I've seen on this forum, but I kinda like that, they still look great!
Now waiting for some nice weather to go on a testride cuz it's freezing cold out here.....
I went the same route with Ricor front and rear, but went with 13.5" sport tuned on the rear, just as Brian at Ricor used on his personal Dyna. We were close the same weight (he was 220 and I was 210) so he had mine built just like his own.

I no longer need to slow down for R/R crossings, in fact I speed up for road irregularities just to enjoy the Ricor's ride. There isn't a softail made and few if any Dyna's that can handle the rough stuff as well as my current set-up.

I'm also much more confident in cornering. The front end is just right with the Intimanators, and the back end stays planted and compliant with the road surfaces.

Kudos to Ricor for making their race proven suspension technology available to Harley riders, and at a very competitive price. You'd just have to watch the 4-wheeled off-road Baja style racing video of their suspension in action to appreciate how remarkable their suspension truly is. Wow!

By the way, 11" shocks, no matter who makes them, will NOT get you a much better ride, a better ride requires suspension travel, that's why I went with 13.5" shocks.

Last edited by HemiOrange; 01-08-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
By the way, 11" shocks, no matter who makes them, will NOT get you a much better ride, a better ride requires suspension travel, that's why I went with 13.5" shocks.
Exactly! Thats why my Low Rider has 13 inchers. Stubby shocks look great, but only long shocks can perform worth a darn.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricors are da **** when it come to Suspension... Did both front & rear on my WideGlide. Did a 6,000 mile ride last summer 2010. Several days were 600+ miles. Great ride over lotsa bad roads. Best upgrade I have done so far. Customer support was great. Had to wait a little longer than what I wanted. But well worth the wait.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

some day someone will make a 11 in so bike can be lowered and still have a nice ride, who ever does that will be rich, i am sure they are nicer than stock but on a dyna i do not like the looks they make bike to tall

Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
ndellow
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ordered the Ricor's for my 09 bob

Cactusred,

I want some new mounting hardware from Diamond engineering to put my Ricor rear suspension together! Think you could help me with the specific pieces I need to order?

Thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM
doncorleone
Advanced
Default Ricor rear shocksg

Can I get by with just the rears until I have enough $s for front too. What will the ride be like with just the rears? Thanks for any reply. Bike is 07 Low Rider.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey dfredb your a poster child for why men shoulden`t wear chaps

Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the Intiminators in the front combined with Works suspension....
And Dutchbob Im envious of your shocks, As soon as I can afford it, im ordering a set....
And Dutchbob, nice country, I was in Amsterdam in the early 70's....luved it.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
DutchBob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
I have the Intiminators in the front combined with Works suspension....
And Dutchbob Im envious of your shocks, As soon as I can afford it, im ordering a set....
And Dutchbob, nice country, I was in Amsterdam in the early 70's....luved it.
Thanks Griff, I'm envious of your fairing....

Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ndellow
Cactusred,

I want some new mounting hardware from Diamond engineering to put my Ricor rear suspension together! Think you could help me with the specific pieces I need to order?

Thanks
I'm not sure what year and model ride you got there bro. I tried to send you a p.m. but looks like you don't have enough posts for p.m.'s yet. I'm gonna try and copy and paste the website here, hopefully the mods are not against that.
Basically, you go to their site man, and you go to kits and find your ride, and look for where you want to replace hardware, they have kits for about everything, then you just have to pick the finish, grooved, 12 point, OEM, etc.
I have a PDF of their complete catalog but again I can't send it to ya since it won't p.m. ya.

http://depss.com/kits.php

When I bought my stuff, their website was really lacking, they were in the process of getting a new web designer so I had to talk to the owner and he set me right up, now, their website is golden, makes it real easy to choose, order, etc. You can always talk to em if you have some additional questions. Let us know how it works for ya, and some pics bud....

Quick Reply: Another Ricor suspension complete!