Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12/24/10 crashed my Raider, looking at the wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about the crash, Good luck on your choice.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll need cams , and a good tune to feel close to the Star . Perhaps even a big bore motor . I test drove the Raider before I bought my '07 Wife Glide , and the Raider , performance wise just blew the Harley away . Power and handling . I went with the Harley , because it's a Harley . I'd say if you can ride rice and have no problems doing so , then you'll need the test ride .

Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

the new WG's are my favorite bike.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the raider is a great bike man glad to hear you are ok... you will dig the new wide glide i love them!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
AFSSGT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the great things about going with Harley is the community. I have met more people because of my Harley than I could possibly imagine. Yeah, some/most metrics will out perform the Harley's but I am in it for friends, cruizin' and the rumble you can only get from a Harley. I like your style though, you're just in it for the ride...you don't care if it's harley, honda, suzuki, or ducatti...good stuff brother. Good luck in your decision...and next time cover your fricken noodle.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Le Vizir
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
the new WG's are my favorite bike.
+1 for the factory bike..!
Mmm..And the Fat Boy lo too, i know it's not a dyna..

Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey FAKE, can I talk you into a full face helmet? You wouldn't have missed a minutes riding. Sorry, just had to say that.
About the bikes! I have been metric my whole life and most of it with sport tourers and sport bikes. I came from a CBR100RR and loved that bike. I test rode every cruiser Yamaha had and the only bike that talked to me was the Raider. I absolutely loved everything about that bike except the lack of lean angle it had. It is still the only bike that I think about other than my Wide Glide. The Wide Glide (I have a 2001) has a significant lean angle advantage to the Raider. Nobody can logically criticize Yamaha or Honda quality, and the engineering of those makes, significantly exceeds HD. However, even the Raider can't compare to the 'family' feel you get on a Harley and you have to own one to feel it. I don't do the Harley 'religion' thing, so feel I am saying that from an objective viewpoint rather than a subjective one. Also, my son owns a Yamaha Warrior (1700cc), which is an awesome looking and awesome performing bike. However, (again) when I ride his bike, the brakes are better, the suspension is better, the power is a bit better and it is flat out boring. The really big difference is noticed as you come to a stop and leave the stop. His is typically Japanese, not unlike a sewing machine. It has no soul.
That is what you will love about your new Wide Glide. It will have soul and no matter what faults it may have it WILL have soul. Also, I have never been in a metric dealership that has the feeling of a Harley dealership. Every Harley dealership I have been in has treated me like personal family, not some Harley family, but like personal family. Go buy your new Wide Glide and protect your face and live happily ever after.
Cheers,
Don

Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
fake
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdt3
Hey FAKE, can I talk you into a full face helmet? You wouldn't have missed a minutes riding. Sorry, just had to say that.
About the bikes! I have been metric my whole life and most of it with sport tourers and sport bikes. I came from a CBR100RR and loved that bike. I test rode every cruiser Yamaha had and the only bike that talked to me was the Raider. I absolutely loved everything about that bike except the lack of lean angle it had. It is still the only bike that I think about other than my Wide Glide. The Wide Glide (I have a 2001) has a significant lean angle advantage to the Raider. Nobody can logically criticize Yamaha or Honda quality, and the engineering of those makes, significantly exceeds HD. However, even the Raider can't compare to the 'family' feel you get on a Harley and you have to own one to feel it. I don't do the Harley 'religion' thing, so feel I am saying that from an objective viewpoint rather than a subjective one. Also, my son owns a Yamaha Warrior (1700cc), which is an awesome looking and awesome performing bike. However, (again) when I ride his bike, the brakes are better, the suspension is better, the power is a bit better and it is flat out boring. The really big difference is noticed as you come to a stop and leave the stop. His is typically Japanese, not unlike a sewing machine. It has no soul.
That is what you will love about your new Wide Glide. It will have soul and no matter what faults it may have it WILL have soul. Also, I have never been in a metric dealership that has the feeling of a Harley dealership. Every Harley dealership I have been in has treated me like personal family, not some Harley family, but like personal family. Go buy your new Wide Glide and protect your face and live happily ever after.
Cheers,
Don
Brother, I do wear my full face when I'm out on the Hwy. I wear my half lid sometimes in town but not all the time. Weather I fix my Raider or if she turns out to be totaled and I go after the WG, I will atleast wear a 3/4 helmet in town for now on.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The new wg would be a great bike to own...i would add cams, a tuner and some pipes/ac to it and youll be happy camper for sure!!

Old 12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of things I'm most impressed with in this thread is the lack of BS.

Your Raider was a good bike and even the HD advocates seem to have no problem saying so.

You're getting good, straight-forward info. The Raider will outperform my FXDC, but,
like a lot of the other HD owners, I prefer the Harley. Just wish it was faster out of the box..

Quick Reply: 12/24/10 crashed my Raider, looking at the wide glide