Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12/24/10 crashed my Raider, looking at the wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I adore my '03 Wide. She is smooth when she needs to be and nothing beats the feel at idle. Have not tried the new ones, but if the 2003 is indicative of the model line, then you will be completely satisfied.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Romark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one of those Kaw. Vulcan 2000 before buying my '07 Wide Glide. The torque of the Vulcan was awesome. Nothing I have ever ridden compares but I love my Wide Glide. It's got a lot more style. The vulcan was just for power the W/G has less power but a lot better looks.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM
fake
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
They might have a suggested list price that is close but in no way are the real transaction prices close. New 09 Star Raider can be bought here in FL for advertised $9999. Only reason I ever looked at them was for the engine. Fit, finish and chassis wise there is no comparison to the HD - hence the much higher resale value that the Harley has. You won't find the chrome plastic pieces all over as the metric cruisers have become famous for. Try trading in a metric bike, not nearly as many buyers or bidders as a Harley will command. .
While I can agree with much of what you say, I do have to stand up for my dying raider. The dealer I bought it from has both HD & Metric, so I got the side by side comparision. The Raider had superior fit & finish, comparable to that of a HD, JMO. There was only 3 small plastic things on my Raider, and the rest was steel. I don't buy my bikes to sell, so I could careless about the whole resale thing. Like I said, I don't want to get into the whole HD vs Metric crap. I see pros & cons in both manufactures. One thing I do like about HD, is that in 20 years, you can still find parts for your bike. lol

I'm one of those dudes who buys what I like. Just here lately, the WG has caught my eye. IMO, HD got it right with this bike. It's sexy, lean, and just bad *** looking. I was looking at some of the custom WG's on this site and wow, bad ***!

I do like the V-Rod, but I've had quite a few "crotch cruisers" and and looking for something a little more laid back.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Just go take one for test ride.... you'll come back with a big grin that just won't wipe off....

Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all, I'm glad you're around to be able to ask these questions.

Secondly, for the last two years I've been riding with several Albuquerque-based groups
that ride about everything and that Star is a pretty damn fine bike. I think you'll find the
stock TC 96 a bit down on power. Every Star I've ridden with has been able to pull stock
Dynas, including my Superglide, on top end. Not by a lot, but just enough for bragging rights.

Still, I looked at the Star when shopping for a bike in 2009 and decided to go with Harley
for a lot of reasons that I still feel are valid. If you go with a WG, I think you'll really like it,
but may want to invest some early money in power upgrades.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
fake
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Just go take one for test ride.... you'll come back with a big grin that just won't wipe off....
Ya, when my face heals up; I plan on going down to test ride one.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 PM
rc4fan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got our 07 Wide Glide and it's the best bike I've ever been on and I've been on A LOT of bikes.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the wide glide is something that has timeless style, just like all harleys thats why we buy them not because of the power... once i get tired of the ape hangers and gas tank lift i think i'll go the other way and put the gas tank to stock and put 1" risers with drag bars next winter, to get that leaning forward look...

Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 PM
travelinman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I had a V-Star before my Street Bob. There is no going back now...

Commit to wearing your helmet!! It WILL save your noggin!!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I just picked up my 2011 Street Bob. The WG was definitely tempting me though. It is a great looking bike. Ultimately, I went with the Street Bob because it should handle better ( less weight, less rake, mid controls).

Quick Reply: 12/24/10 crashed my Raider, looking at the wide glide