Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this video

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:01 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check out this video

<” Boxjoint”>

<”Let's face it. We will never come to a head on the issue of Why we ride our Harley's. We both have different reasons but as long as we do have our reasons. I average 10-15 thousand miles a year. I have seen many great things and met many cool people, 1%ers, moms, dads, sport bikers, gold wingers, you name it and I liked them all. I think where we are different is that I am into the heritage of the machine where as you seem to be into the heritage of the people. I do not forsee myself "getting out of Harleys" as you put it but I can assure you that one day I will have a sport bike in the stable as well. Different bikes for different reasons.”>

It’s more than “why we ride our harleys”

You can not IMO take out or dismiss as non-important the lifestyle or “heritage of the people” and be into “heritage of the machine”, impossible for harley m/c, from Malcolm Forbes to the kid who finally got enough money saved up to buy that basket-case sportster, he dreams about every night.

Let me add a few things:

[Malcolm Forbes became a motorcyclist late in life. He rode with a motorcycle club called the Capitalist Tools. His estate in New Jersey was a regular meeting place for tours that he organized for fellow New Jersey and New York motorcyclists. He had a stable of motorcycles but was partial to Harley Davidson machines. He was known for his gift of Purple Passion, a Harley-Davidson, to actress Elizabeth Taylor He was also instrumental in getting legislation passed to allow motorcycles on the cars-only Garden State Parkway in New Jersey.]

There was a very rich man w/a stable of many different rides, the only ones he loved was HD.

<<<<<<<<<<<

When the Guggenheim Museum in SoHo asked 63 architects and designers to choose objects for a show in November to be called "Industrial Elegance," the architect Robert A. M. Stern chose a Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail.

"Harley-Davidson has a mystique," Mr. (Willie G.) Davidson said. "It's turned into a life style."

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...gewanted=print

<”I will end this post on my end by saying that even though we don't necessarily meet eye to eye, I did enjoy our conversation. To continue going back and forth would be beating a dead horse because I think we both stand pretty strongly on our views. :>

I agree

<”Again, that is cool.
Back to the ice cream comparison - wouldn't it suck if chocolate was the only flavor? “>

Box, the subject is harley and lifestyles, not Ben and Jerry’s , I see your attempt to bring it up that way, but…… lets not go there, I will say, no I don’t believe or want one bike HD world, that is one of the reasons I go to Americade (missed only a few times 2 or 3) since ’85 and gone to a lot of harley rendezvous and ER rodeos.

<”If we meet up on the road I would still like to buy you that beer. We both could have easily thrown a few "F-You's" at each other but instead the result was a stimulating conversation. “>

I have one rule in chatting, I come back with the same effort that was address too me, nothing else, nothing more, well maybe I should add a second rule:
Don’t use a quote from someone else as if, another wrote it : - ) again that was a copy/paste screw-up.

<"Keep the shiny side up and be safe. “>

Thanks, may all of us who ride, and different brands, the same.

cj

Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool

Now let this thread become history and ride those damn bikes! [8D]

Old 10-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Boxjoint I would like to sum this up by making a comparison..........................If would not want to be a cowboy why would you buy a horse, a cowboy hat, boots and spurs???????????????????

LOL, just having fun!!!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Now lets ride!!! It was a very good day for riding today here in Louisiana.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
SCREAMING EAGLE
Banned

Your street glide is hot !!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 PM
SWOOP_IN
Cruiser

My best friend from High School rides Harleys but doesnt buy into Harley Merchindise, OK FINE, me I dig Harley gear, I dig all kinds of Biker gear. I get some bikers who have said " your a Harley rider not a biker" the funny thing about this is I put twice as many miles on my bike a year than they do, so lets give guys riding new harleys with new harley gear a break. As long as your riding and haging with biker brothers and enjoying the freedom of the road, Who cares what your wearing or riding!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
SWOOP_IN
Cruiser

OH and by the way COOL video

Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 AM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

Great video, irony aside. The Moco tried to hide this image years ago, in order to get the "nice people" you meet on Hondas. It seems people are either too "cool" to fall for the lifestyle, or too into the "lifestyle" to except any other reason for owning/riding a Harley. I ride to work in Aerostich pants and a nylon FXRG jacket and a full face helmet. So what. I could have Scooby Do underware on for all you know. Other times I ware my old denim vest full of patches and pins from of all places, Motorcycle rallys! I've owned several Harleys and a lot of other bikes over the years, but I'll be the first to admit, I love the comradere is feel on a H-D. I would hope I get to feel that on this board too. Like I said, Cool Video.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

I believe that this wasJUST another commercial.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Is it enough a commerical? Has anyone seen anywhere else other then the Harley website. I doubt they would use that as their commerical. Why don't they just say buy one of bikes so you can scare the hell out of little old ladies at gas stations.

Quick Reply: Check out this video