Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this video

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Check out this video

[quote]Maybe I will maybe I won't. It certainly won't be becuase "I don't fit in with the croud" . I love my bike. Could care less about the lifestyle. I got it because of the upgrades for 07' wich makes it a great all around bike for my purposes. I know I don't fit the target audience of a Harley Davidson but A LOT and I mean A LOT of people don't. I am an x-ray tech and was talking to a Surgeon today who just got a 2007 Softail Classic. Was he "sticking it to the man" as well?

OK, so what your saying is that you think that people that are "the target audience" don't hold decent jobs. Come on, at approx $15,500......most that own Harleys these days must have decent jobs.

Oh just to add if you went to a rally you would be surprised at how many doctors, lawers, surgeons, nurses,etc. you might run into there. Maybe even an x-ray tech or two..........LMAO

Later

Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
signal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah 'lifestyle'.. whatever.

ride for your own reasons. when i see you, i'll wave..

if you want to wave back cool. if not, that's cool too.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Matrix

Maybe I will maybe I won't. It certainly won't be becuase "I don't fit in with the croud" . I love my bike. Could care less about the lifestyle. I got it because of the upgrades for 07' wich makes it a great all around bike for my purposes. I know I don't fit the target audience of a Harley Davidson but A LOT and I mean A LOT of people don't. I am an x-ray tech and was talking to a Surgeon today who just got a 2007 Softail Classic. Was he "sticking it to the man" as well?

OK, so what your saying is that you think that people that are "the target audience" don't hold decent jobs. Come on, at approx $15,500......most that own Harleys these days must have decent jobs.

Oh just to add if you went to a rally you would be surprised at how many doctors, lawers, surgeons, nurses,etc. you might run into there. Maybe even an x-ray tech or two..........LMAO

Later
Not saying that at all, in fact quite the opposite. I was responding to a post that (to me) sounded like he was saying that. You are right-most people who ride Harleys are in professions that make a decent buck. I was being Facetious about the doctor.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer

Just want to add that this is all fun and games. I was honest about my oppinion about the commercial but honestly feel if you enjoy your bike (for whatever reason) Great !
That is why we are all here isn't it.
[8D]

Old 10-03-2006, 06:32 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Just want to add that this is all fun and games. I was honest about my oppinion about the commercial but honestly feel if you enjoy your bike (for whatever reason) Great !
That is why we are all here isn't it.
.................................................. ..
.................................................. .....................YUP......[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

OOPs... Where also here, for one more reason..... To give each other more ideas on how to spend more $$$$$.. On our rides.......

Old 10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

<"Boxjoint">
ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

"One lousy ad HD makes and all of a sudden their not putting enough out about their "powertrain and customization capabilities" ? I think this is very important to you, since it seems you state it in every reply ?"

<"I never saw a commercialized ad by the MOCO about the bike. Saw plenty about the lifestyle or attitude.">

Think of it as how VW Beetle ads are pointed to their buyers : - )))

<"Not keen on those ads either. I am not picking on Harley. I need more substance before ploping 10-18 big ones on a bike (or20-30 on a car) than telling me "You'll look cool" >

"You'll look cool" ????????? is that what you think ? looking cool ? not the feeling one has ?

<"If I were to write an ad for Harley here is how it would go: ">

<"The all new Harley Davidson (insert model here) features a more potent 96 cubic inch motor, standard fuel injection and frame upgrades. For ease of ride we have decreased the clutch effort by 30% for you to enjoy longer days in the saddle. Twisty roads are being handled by an upgraded massive 49mm fork up front. All while maintaining their timless classic style.
For 2007 harley davidson has made nostalgica and performance go hand in hand. ">

…" For ease of ride we have decreased the clutch effort by 30% for you to enjoy longer days in the saddle…"

For all you ladies out there !!!

<"Ok, so don't be a sissy and replace your disk brakes with cable actuated drum units. Tear out that EFI and go with an old manual prime carb. Ohh and lets take that suspension off of there and replace it with those Billet "Not shocks" . Give me a break. When I go for a ride it usually consists of 300+ mile days. I'll take the reduced effort clutch even if it is considered for ladies. ">

: - )))))))) try again dude

<"During the commercial show a Harley wind through some mountain roads and whatnot and maybe end it with the bike pulling up to an old airstrip with classic airplanes in the background for the ending line.">

classic airplanes ? why not some F-111's or F-117 Nighthawk ??? show how advance the company has come ?

<"Because even with the advances the bike recons back to nostalgic days. Whay do you think FORD does not market the Mustang by having robots drive them in a futuristic time? It is a modern car but classicaly styled. ">

:" even with the advances the bike recons back to nostalgic days" Now we are getting somewhere, keep on track.

<"Can you explain why they built the V-Rod then? I belive it was "Because" they wanted to expand their customer base.">

I want you to get all the money you can get, take out loans and put it all on this answer "EPA" you really think HD put out millions and I mean millions in R&D w/a German motor company for "wanted to expand their customer base" ??? please spare me.

<"You so sure about that? The Buell and Harley Power plants are CARB 2008 certified and were well before liquid in line 4 motors from the imports were. Even so, they could have esaily built a traditional styled Harley with waterjackets surrounded by short fins to "give it the look" . BTW there was a special on Discovery about the V-Rod when it came out and right from ***** G's mouth they did it to "Reach other segments of the market">

<"The Buell and Harley Power plants are CARB 2008 certified and were well before liquid in line 4 motors from the imports were" ???">

Run that buy me again ?

"they could have esaily built a traditional styled Harley with waterjackets surrounded by short fins to "give it the look"
That easy,? and they would get the look ? would an air-cooled engine give them the future numbers that the EPA is on their way giving them out ? Do you really think that air-cooled engine your sitting over is going to last ? It's only matter of time that the water pumper will be in

Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer

[quote]ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

<"Boxjoint">
ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

…" For ease of ride we have decreased the clutch effort by 30% for you to enjoy longer days in the saddle…"

For all you ladies out there !!!

<"Ok, so don't be a sissy and replace your disk brakes with cable actuated drum units. Tear out that EFI and go with an old manual prime carb. Ohh and lets take that suspension off of there and replace it with those Billet "Not shocks" . Give me a break. When I go for a ride it usually consists of 300+ mile days. I'll take the reduced effort clutch even if it is considered for ladies. ">

: - )))))))) try again dude

Not much of a rebuttle on that ehh? :-)

<"Because even with the advances the bike recons back to nostalgic days. Whay do you think FORD does not market the Mustang by having robots drive them in a futuristic time? It is a modern car but classicaly styled. ">

:" even with the advances the bike recons back to nostalgic days" Now we are getting somewhere, keep on track.

I see we definately agree on this point. Having ridden sport bikes I compare it to Ferrari's vs. classic cars. Sport bikes are like ferrari's where the Harley is like the 57' chevy nomad. To me both are cool but serve different purposes

<"Can you explain why they built the V-Rod then? I belive it was "Because" they wanted to expand their customer base.">

I want you to get all the money you can get, take out loans and put it all on this answer "EPA" you really think HD put out millions and I mean millions in R&D w/a German motor company for "wanted to expand their customer base" ??? please spare me.

<"You so sure about that? The Buell and Harley Power plants are CARB 2008 certified and were well before liquid in line 4 motors from the imports were. Even so, they could have esaily built a traditional styled Harley with waterjackets surrounded by short fins to "give it the look" . BTW there was a special on Discovery about the V-Rod when it came out and right from ***** G's mouth they did it to "Reach other segments of the market">

<"The Buell and Harley Power plants are CARB 2008 certified and were well before liquid in line 4 motors from the imports were" ???">

Run that buy me again ?

"they could have esaily built a traditional styled Harley with waterjackets surrounded by short fins to "give it the look"
That easy,? and they would get the look ? would an air-cooled engine give them the future numbers that the EPA is on their way giving them out ? Do you really think that air-cooled engine your sitting over is going to last ? It's only matter of time that the water pumper will be in every harley going down the line, you can stall with computers, programs and FI that they put on HD's why because of pressure from metric bikes ? but it always comes down to the air-cooled engine, only so much can be done, see any of them new Beetles w/air cooled engines ? you will know the end is very near when HD puts on catalytic converters, air-cooled engines are becoming dinosaurs !

"BTW there was a special on Discovery about the V-Rod when it came out and right from ***** G's mouth they did it to "Reach other segments of the market"

: - ) At this unveiling,

What did you think he would say the truth Box, ? "Yes we poured 10's of millions of profits into this water cooler because we know it's all a matter of time when those bastards in the EPA brake our ***** (threatening too shut us down) and telling us that the catalytic converter isn't doing enough
[b]So you have more of an inside track than ***** G does at HD? the guy is a buisness man. If it takes 10's of Millions to attract customers for the future making net gains in profit for the longevity of the company then it is a worthwhile investment. I agree that the V-Rod is not doing as well as anticipated but why

Old 10-04-2006, 12:03 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

the movie blows like boxjoimt says lol

Old 10-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

The attitude and beliefs expressed in the movie suit me well. But I don't need to dress a certain way or look a certain way in order to think a certain way. We all ride for our own reasons. IMHO, that ad articulates what most Harley riders feel.

Quick Reply: Check out this video