Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out this video

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Check out this video

Post a picture.
Ok. Kinda' hard to see but I'm about 4th from the back. [sm=roll.gif]

Old 09-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bobberino

Everybody has an opinion. And you bein honest is cool. But what I dont get is....why are you in this forum? Just curious bro, dont chop my head off.
Because I love talking about the motorcycle, giving and getting tech tips, and sharing stories about great roads.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

I want to get my hands on this at a higher resolution / save-able version.
And BTW yes it is a lifestyle for me, and if you don't like it go F*ck yourself.
If it is the lifestyle for you that's great. I just posted my opinion because of the comment that the commercial "pretty much summed it up for all of us" . I am not dissing the lifestyle. I just preferr marketing about the machine, not the lifestyle. If I was new in the game, and did not know about bikes at all, and just had that commercial to go by - I would not have gotten a Harley.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:56 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TowJam

And does anyone else see the irony in "sticking it to the man"? The MoCo IS the man.
EXACTLY!

Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

ORIGINAL: Jet x 4
What Boxjoint said X 2
Nice little video.

Just what did BJ say??

Don't wanna ride with us??

mud
Not at all. I would love to ride with you guys on occasion. BUT- I would not go to a rally. I live in Jersey, I already have to sit in traffic. Whay would I go out of my way to do so.

To me the best rides are 4-5 bikes on a twisty road in the country. Again, I was not dissing harley riders (I am one) I just thought the angle of the marketing is a bit insulting to the person who is about to drop 12-17k on a motorcycle.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Dakota TC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Boxjoint

I'll get flamed for this BUT-
That commercial DOES NOT sum it up for me. I ride my Harley because it is the best most practicle bike for me at the moment. Not because of the lifestyle. I have no interest in the lifestyle. Threw out my HOG papers the day I came home with the bike. I hate rallies, don't have tatoo's nor do I want them. I was in a big discussion with people at a sport-touring website I belong to (I had a zrx 1200 prior to the superglide) and the sentiment over there after seeing this is "That is why people buy those bikes . . . to join the club" and it is commercials like this that make people think like that. I could care what they think (or even the die hard harley guys who hate metric's as well) . A few of them started blasting the bikes for "being a piece of ****" which is when I called them on it and asked how many re-calls they had on thir ZRXGVFRGSX whatever.

Guss what I am saying is that I would preferr to see commercials pointing out the new powerplant suspension and frame upgrades over "selling the lifestyle" .
No flame, but it sounds to me like you are part of the club. You believe in going your own way. I think the video is well done and will be fun to look back at when we are sitting in our rocking chairs. It's just a comercial.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Anubiss,

I noticed the L.A. stuff right off the bat. Looks like they then took them up the 14. Anyways, I thought it was kind of corny - along the lines of that Seger video posted a while back. I agree they should be pushing the machine instead of the skin and bones (or guts, in some cases) sitting on it. And even then, they didn't do a very good job. What they didn't show was 1/2 of those folks sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405, on their way back from the shoot, hoping to find a Jamba Juice close by before their AA meeting in Malibu that evening, after which they'll mosey on over the Johnny Rockets on Melrose where they'll sit for 4 hours drinking Vanilla Coke after Vanilla Coke.

Whiff

Old 09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
TampaJim
Road Master

I hang with Boxjoint and Towjam..Love the bike but not the "lifestyle" that the MOCO promotes.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

<"Boxjoint">

<"If it is the lifestyle for you that's great. I just posted my opinion because of the comment that the commercial "pretty much summed it up for all of us" . I am not dissing the lifestyle. I just preferr marketing about the machine, not the lifestyle. ">

Lifestyle ? just what did anyone think they were getting into, when they first brought that HD ?

That it was just a bike with a low seating point ?

That you were going to "Meet the nicest people on a Honda" ?

The lifestyle comes w/a harley, and if you personally don't like it well live your style. And feel free to thank all who made the history your using.

I personally "don't live the life style" (anymore) as some don't, but I dress the part as most do, I do it for one purpose, the on the road the message, "get the fu*K away from me" I try to look as mean as I can w/o strapping my gun on the outside ! and it works big time if I get a tailgater (very rare) it's a women guaranteed ! one turn of the head around is all it takes. Try a mean look with a full face bucket and a yellow rain jacket on ?

<"If I was new in the game, and did not know about bikes at all, and just had that commercial to go by - I would not have gotten a Harley">

Then some "new in the game" people really must have been living under a rock ! a harley is the lifestyle pure and simple, end of story. It's always been that way with harelys and always will be.

I do understand your point Boxpoint, it's just your in the minority.

cj

Old 09-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

I do understand your point Boxpoint, it's just your in the minority.
I don't understand the whole fronting thing of "dressing the part", but, to each his own. However, I think Boxpoint would be a better representation of the genuine "lifestyle" over those who feel it comes with some sort of clothing/aesthetic requirement. He's been placed outside the "outsiders". Classic.

Whiff

Quick Reply: Check out this video