Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are mods needed for rush 2.25 slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My apologies! I copied and pasted the wrong V&H pipe. I edited my reply.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer

The End

Attached Thumbnails Are mods needed for rush 2.25 slip-ons?-horse-s-behind_-ra100380.jpg  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM
maccid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rush 2.0" slip on mufflers on my bike. I didn't do anything else to my bike.......yet. I would like to do the full exhaust at some point but will have to look in to a tuner then. I like my exhaust but would like it louder too. I hear everyone saying the 2" is obnoxious. I don't think it is that loud but that is just me. When I am cruising down the road, it doesn't sound that loud. Just my two cents.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by maccid
I have the Rush 2.0" slip on mufflers on my bike. I didn't do anything else to my bike.......yet. I would like to do the full exhaust at some point but will have to look in to a tuner then. I like my exhaust but would like it louder too. I hear everyone saying the 2" is obnoxious. I don't think it is that loud but that is just me. When I am cruising down the road, it doesn't sound that loud. Just my two cents.
My "obnoxious loud" opinion came from a motor that had compression and cams.
Glad you pointed out your observation with those baffles on a stock motor.
Much more accurate opinion for the OP. I should have realized that possibility before I had posted earlier.

I'd still be nervous with a 2.25 baffle without any fuel management on an already lean motor. They flow a lot more air than many of these aftermarket pipes.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer

ok heres the skinny about slip on mufflers when comparing them to stock mufflers. your stock hd mufflers have whats called a "closed" baffle. meaning the exhaust does not travel down an open tube from the headers out the back of the mufflers. what happens is it hits that closed baffle and it re-routed into the fiberglass packing (which by the way is why your bike, if left stock, will eventually get louder due to burning off the fiberglass). anyways... rush slip-ons and HD SE IIs are designed to where you can just bolt them on and roll. the reason for that is they have an open baffle. the thing here is that they have to be constricted a certain amount to where you get the sound you want without adversely affecting the performance of exhaust system (as in it maintains back pressure). i would stick with the 1.75" baffles. that way when it comes time that you feel the need to re-tune your bike your good to go on the exhaust department. you'll have a muffler that is both free-ish flowing and provides good back pressure.

in my personal opinion... slip-ons are the way to go if you want to tune up your bike and still be able to go on long distance trips with out the need to stop every 30 minutes for gas.

hopefully everything i just said helped/made sense.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
i have cycle shacks for sale in the classifieds

His 2011 Wide Glide has different head pipes than your Street Bob, same as a Fat Bob.
So your cycle Shacks won't fit anyways.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:15 AM
DeD Fred
Road Master

I have 1.75s and they are loud as heck.
I Ive ran them without anything else thats not stock for months. Runs great, gets good mileage.
I just did a stage 1, and it changed the sound.
Waiting on the Nightrider 14Xieds to richen it up a tad before I go screaming down the highway again.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:49 AM
biggrantwilliam
Advanced

Go with the 2.25 rember you have a cat converter in your header. No other mods needed if you don't change the AC.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 AM
ric306
Advanced

went from stock muffs to 2.25 rush, no other mods. great sound, can't tell any seat of the pants difference in performance. bike runs well,very little poping on decleration.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ric306
went from stock muffs to 2.25 rush, no other mods. great sound, can't tell any seat of the pants difference in performance. bike runs well,very little poping on decleration.
Technically, you should have lost a little low end torque. (Less back pressure).

Quick Reply: Are mods needed for rush 2.25 slip-ons?