Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tri-bar tail light install

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
2in2outhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have wanted one for my bike so please post some pics when you get that thing on....

Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

The manual is not "necessary" for the taillight swap...it's just good to have one. There's a lot of good information in it that will help with simple maintenance items as well as more critical stuff. Get one!

BTW: Make sure you read some of the other threads on here about these LED Tri-bar taillights. I've had one installed and there are some "issues" with the mounting tabs cracking...

Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 AM
zamiam
Advanced

Pretty easy to do - was first mod I did to my Fat Bob and I don't consider myself that mechanically inclined.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Tower
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
BTW: Make sure you read some of the other threads on here about these LED Tri-bar taillights. I've had one installed and there are some "issues" with the mounting tabs cracking...

Thanks for the advice on the manual, I'll get my hands on one. It's probably good to have.

And yes I've seen the issues ppl are having with these taillights from my thread searches on the topic. I'll take a real close look at how it mounts and just from what I have read it sounds like it will need to be shimmed up a bit.

BTW, I'm loving this FatBob!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the tribar on my old fatbob. I didn't have (or need) a service manual. I did remove the rear fender as the instructions called for. Just be very careful when you take the fender off getting it freed up from the struts without scratching it. Very helpful to have an extra set of hands.

Good Luck

Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Tower
3rd Gear

jb27, that light looks sweet. Are those smoked stop/turn signal lenses or aftermarket led's?

Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 AM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tower
jb27, that light looks sweet. Are those smoked stop/turn signal lenses or aftermarket led's?
They are Kuryakyn LED signals. Had them on front too.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stic2it
There is a little more to it than pulling the old light off and putting the tribar on. You have to change the bracket that holds the old light in place and put the tribar bracket on. You do not have to remove the fender, just loosen the nuts a bit so you can get a wrench down there to get a wrench in there. Easy install, my tribar was the hardest to get on as it was not properly manufactured but the dealer made good and corrected the issue. I did have to remove the seat to pull the wire through a little but very easy to do. First thing I did on my bike and I am not handy with tools and have never worked on a bike in my life.

I love the look, cleans up the rear really nice

something tells me the bracket which holds the light.. cracked.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:32 PM
cscheyder@me.com
Stage I

When installing the tribar what did you do with the connector block that is installed in your stock brake light? I have a 2013 Fat bob and not sure what to do with that connector box for the brake light and blinkers.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:32 PM
The_Old_Bill
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Tower, before you install, have a look at this past thread I posted a while back.

I have a second Tri-Bar on my bike now, after having a disaster with the first. I have found that you MUST add a silicon product (or similar) to the two recesses in the top mounting bracket, otherwise the light will vibrate and eventually break out/off (as mine did).

Other than that, I really like the look of the Tri-Bar

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...er-beware.html