Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ness big sucker or screaming eagle??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010 | 12:00 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AZFXDB
not hung up on this dude, im just putting straight some slack *** info you passed to a guy wanting to know. dont get butthurt about it
The info is not slack-assed, as you put it. The info may be "theoretical" because I don't have a dyno setup to actually test a velocity stack setup..(and neither does anybody else that I know of) . however I believe my theory to be sound.

I'm just tired of seeing people offer the explanation " there's no difference between part X and part Y .. it's all cosmetic.." when in fact they really have no idea... they are just regurgitating information they read on the forum, or somewhere else. They don't offer reasoning for their opinion... it's just spilled out there. I at least tried to offer my reasoning with the results of my ongoing experimentation, to back up my opinion. Which so far has had positive results.

Last edited by archergodwin; 12-28-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: My initial response was a bit... blunt.
Old 12-28-2010 | 08:40 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

Vinsil, I'm really liking the new avatar. Please post more often.

Old 12-28-2010 | 08:49 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

i feel like i keep getting slapped with i see AZ 's Avatar !!

Old 12-28-2010 | 09:33 AM
AZFXDB
Banned

Originally Posted by archergodwin

I'm just tired of seeing people offer the explanation " there's no difference between part X and part Y .. it's all cosmetic.." when in fact they really have no idea... they are just regurgitating information they read on the forum, or somewhere else. They don't offer reasoning for their opinion... it's just spilled out there. I at least tried to offer my reasoning with the results of my ongoing experimentation, to back up my opinion. Which so far has had positive results.
positive results are proven, not assumed there buddy. My explanation and lack of faith in your air cleaner is from experience around performance engines which is more than your "I really feel a difference at 60 in 6th" BS reasoning. All Im saying is that there is more of an aesthetic appeal to that 90* airlceaner than performance. And BS on the fact that cold air is forced into the filter on the highway cause here Im gonna tell you a secret (all filters are forced air on the highway). so again, show me some proof that your airlceaner offers any performance benefit.

Old 12-28-2010 | 11:04 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior

this is probably just getting out of hand at this point, but to clarify a point made earlier about velocity stacks and such. On the early mechanical hi-po fuel injections i.e Hillborn or Enderle. The velocity stacks were there not to aid in hp production. These systems had very sensitive fuel metering circuits and the swirl caused by a neighboring injector ingesting air would disrupt the airflow into other injectors. The stacks were added, sometimes at different heights and angles to keep this from happening and straighten the airflow entering the metered circuit.

This all becomes null and void on say our bikes, especially FI bikes since A. there is only one carb or tb and B. on fi bikes the air/fuel mixing happens after the tb in the runner near the back of the valve. Again no amount of tubing BEFORE the carb or tb is going to make any sort of noticeable performance gain, especially not one you are gonna see on a dyno. More true if the part you are testing it against is a hi flowing filter assy of any shape be it round, ocatgonal, dick shaped or whatever. It's not fair for us to say you don't "feel" a difference in your bike after the install, but for you to be so hung up on a placebo effect and reciting it as gospel fuels this argument to the point where we all are gonna be making e-threats and claiming our e-penises are bigger than each others. In the end we all lose. you love your ram-air cone filter assy, others love their top hat filters and still other brave sould love their ham-can filters. Different strokes for different folks, so long as the filter is clean, dry and big enough to support all of our wicked hp levels, rainbows will continue to happen and hopefully this big ol rock continues on it's steady path around that other bigger rock. Thank you for your time

Old 12-28-2010 | 11:12 AM
AZFXDB
Banned

Originally Posted by shiftace
this is probably just getting out of hand at this point, but to clarify a point made earlier about velocity stacks and such. On the early mechanical hi-po fuel injections i.e Hillborn or Enderle. The velocity stacks were there not to aid in hp production. These systems had very sensitive fuel metering circuits and the swirl caused by a neighboring injector ingesting air would disrupt the airflow into other injectors. The stacks were added, sometimes at different heights and angles to keep this from happening and straighten the airflow entering the metered circuit.

This all becomes null and void on say our bikes, especially FI bikes since A. there is only one carb or tb and B. on fi bikes the air/fuel mixing happens after the tb in the runner near the back of the valve. Again no amount of tubing BEFORE the carb or tb is going to make any sort of noticeable performance gain, especially not one you are gonna see on a dyno. More true if the part you are testing it against is a hi flowing filter assy of any shape be it round, ocatgonal, dick shaped or whatever. It's not fair for us to say you don't "feel" a difference in your bike after the install, but for you to be so hung up on a placebo effect and reciting it as gospel fuels this argument to the point where we all are gonna be making e-threats and claiming our e-penises are bigger than each others. In the end we all lose. you love your ram-air cone filter assy, others love their top hat filters and still other brave sould love their ham-can filters. Different strokes for different folks, so long as the filter is clean, dry and big enough to support all of our wicked hp levels, rainbows will continue to happen and hopefully this big ol rock continues on it's steady path around that other bigger rock. Thank you for your time
agreed 100%. Dont beat me up Archer....your tattoo scares me....

Old 12-28-2010 | 06:03 PM
Energy-Dude
Tourer

I test rode 2 new 2011 Streetglides at the dealership 2 months ago. Both had a VH Propipe, one with a Ness intake, one with a Heavy Breather. The Heavy Breather bike was a bit peppier. I mentioned it to them and they said "Yea the Heavy breather usually does a 1 or 2 HP more on the dyno.

Also, If you look at the S&S website their dual filter version of the Heavy Breather shows a bit more power then their standard filter setup as well.

I personnally like the Heavy Breather look. But I'm about to buy the Ness or Screamin Eagle Stage 1 because I may add lowers to my new Streetglide.

Old 12-28-2010 | 07:08 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Energy-Dude
I test rode 2 new 2011 Streetglides at the dealership 2 months ago. Both had a VH Propipe, one with a Ness intake, one with a Heavy Breather. The Heavy Breather bike was a bit peppier. I mentioned it to them and they said "Yea the Heavy breather usually does a 1 or 2 HP more on the dyno.

Also, If you look at the S&S website their dual filter version of the Heavy Breather shows a bit more power then their standard filter setup as well.

I personnally like the Heavy Breather look. But I'm about to buy the Ness or Screamin Eagle Stage 1 because I may add lowers to my new Streetglide.
can purchase the SE heavy breather that will fit with lowers... filter is just a little bit shorter.

Old 12-28-2010 | 07:18 PM
AZFXDB
Banned

Originally Posted by Energy-Dude
of course it does, wouldnt make much sense to show otherwise now would it

Old 12-28-2010 | 08:39 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Post for prosperity.

Quick Reply: ness big sucker or screaming eagle??