Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for ECM/Fuel Map/Download Geniuses

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for ECM/Fuel Map/Download Geniuses

I was at the Stealer this morning to pick up some chrome bolts and the conversation with my parts guy eventually turned to the subject of aftermarket exhaust options. I was telling him that the only thing keeping me from swapping out the SEII slip-ons with V&H Short SHots is the cost of the damn SERT. This parts guy, whom I trust more than anyone there and is also a rider himself, sez to me "You have the H-D download in there now, don't ya?" I say yes - he sez that should be good enuff. Again, he is a parts guy, but rather than try to sell me a SERT, he recommended I stick with the HD download for the SEII Slip-On & A/C combo. I really want to believe this will work, but I know somebody on here can confirm or deny it before I go out and buy the V&H and then find out I still need a $400 SERT. Some will undoubtedly recommend the PCIII or any number of other similar mappers, but if I get anything at all, it will be the SERT.

THANKS!

STeve

Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Question for ECM/Fuel Map/Download Geniuses

Depends how accurately you want to tune your bike.......with the download there is no adjustment.......with the SERT you can keep tweaking the tune until it's perfect. I got the SERT and had my bike dyno tuned at 1,000 miles. When I hit about 3,000 I'll take it back in and have the guy tweak the system a little. You can't do that with the download. My bike is totally pulling smoothly from 2300rpm all the way to 5,000 with no surge at all.

I recommend the SERT/dyno job........I believe it's worth the $$........that said....if you are not getting it dynoed......why bother with the SERT? Unless you want to try to tune it yourself or your buddy has a free dyno map for an identical bike set up.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, are you concurring that will run 'ok'?. At least as good as it runs now? I cannot honestly say that it runs 'great' in its current config, so even if it runs the same, at least I will have the pipes I want.

I really don't want to spend a small fortune on fixing up this scoot cuz, honestly, I am not all that wild about the '06 Street Bob. I bought it cuz it was the best bang for the buck, but eventually, I want something else.

THANKS!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 PM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 06 fxdbi with se slipons and se/ac with the HD download, the bike ran great with no popping. I bought the V&H BSS, dealer also told me no need to buy any type of fuel management that the download will be fine. I went ahead and put the pipes on while i was waiting for my sert to show up and the bike ran like crap. It was popping like crazy and running very hot. After getting the sert and figuring out how to use it the bike ran much better, and now with the 25 degree injectors its excellent. Also i believe that the short shots would be worse since they have less back pressure than the BSS.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah I think you will need some type of remap with the V&H.