Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tip Over Scare

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've came real close recently after drinking too much.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:29 AM
truthfire
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Yep done that.... But was drinking quite frequently. Forgot to put feet down coming to a stop... That was 30 years ago. Now I don't drink.
Now, that's just funny....

I've done the same thing in the garage with the kickstand as others stated moved it slightly forward, the kickstand raised up, and over she went. Only takes once to learn pretty quickly. Now, I triple-check that the stand's down.

I replaced my rear tire once about twenty years ago, and for some reason did not adjust the rear brake properly. I came up to a red light on a rainy night, locked up the front brake, and dropped the bike and slid on the pavement to the light. Luckily, I had just put my engine guard on the week before. Man, the sparks that thing threw off when it hit the pavement!

I rode the bike on it's side until it stopped, picked it up real quick and pushed it to the side of the road. My jacket had a little bit of road rash, and my pride was hurt immensely!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive been down twice the last 15 yrs. Both times the wheels were not even spinning. lol

once when placing cover on bike and once stopped along side the road putting on my gloves

Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Hutch12
Advanced

Originally Posted by Andjh123
lol...had the same issue--the first stop I came to right after leaving the gym I realized my legs had cramped up really badly and I could barely straighten them and had no strength when doing so. I took the backroads home which allowed me to avoid stoplights and slow roll through a bunch of stop signs. Got home and almost dropped the bike in my driveway as I tried to get off to open up the garage door. Strained a muscle in my back, too...Lesson learned was to drink more water.
Oh man, at least you saved it. I am a bit more cautious now after my leg workout days.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:17 AM
jcbii
Advanced

I've had two close calls with tipovers since I started riding again back in 2003. Both times were due to the kickstand snapping back up when I thought it was down. I think the process of saving the bike from a tipover is almost as embarrassing as tipping over. I'm sure I look like a clown hopping on one leg while the bike is backing up in circles. That is, until I remember to grab the front brake.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:04 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

fell over several times through the 40+ years riding. the USUAL stuff, kick stand up, stop light -feet up, front wheel on a slight hill...legs to short. out in a field racing (had a track set up)/ hill climbing. Snow / ice. mostly no harm, embarassed get up and laugh it off. Still have a hard time passing a field without taking a run around it, but I dont heal that fast anymore. went down at speed 3 times, rode it out twice, one time didnt work out very well. oh ya, forgot.. few to many drinks caused a couple. Its just part of the life of a biker. All this on harleys.