Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Tire????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Cory
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front Tire????

ORIGINAL: treeextractor

I went with a V-ROD 120' Tire. No mod's nessary. Good fit, Great profile and much better handeling.

on the stock Bob wheel? could you post a pic?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:22 PM
sokanxx
Advanced

mcurry: its the not the width of the tire that would kill the handeling. It is the fact that your putting a tire that is too big on a rim that is too small. this will change the geometry of the tire that those scientists at dunlop worked so hard to create.However i also believe that if you are just rideing in straight lines and take corners nice and slow i doubt you will regret putting a bigger tire on the rim.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: boogiewithtuck

I have a Metzeler ME 880 Marathon 110/90/19 on my '06 FXDBBI - handles great, no fitment issues (abouta 1/2 wider than the stock tire). It does render your front fender useless on wet roads; I'm actively searching for an FLH-style full fender that will fit our front end.

Pic attached is the only recent one of my bike (Black FX, middle of pic) with the 110 on the front.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11891/5F0CDEB39B5A4C72BC4EB0FCC2219737.jpg[/IMG]
I think this is the way to go, in fact when I need new tires on my 06 FXD I'm going to go to the Metzelers front and rear, I don't think it will harm the handling any at all, at least not enough that us mere mortals will notice..as for the new front tire being to big for the front fender, I will either go fender-less or perhaps look around for a after market Aluminum one for it.. did that very same thing to a couple of old iron head sporty street fighters that I built back in the 70s. worked out ok for me.if you do go with the bigger tire on the front and decide you don't like it, your really not out that much..might be worth a shot..

Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 AM
treeextractor
Cruiser

the 120mm frontV-Rod tireis on a 07 FXDsuper. sits about 1' shorter and 1.5 fater then the stock 07 tire. hope this helps

Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Cory
Tourer

ORIGINAL: treeextractor

the 120mm frontV-Rod tireis on a 07 FXDsuper. sits about 1' shorter and 1.5 fater then the stock 07 tire. hope this helps

treextractor,
that tire fits on the stock Bob wheel just fine? do you have a pic?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
treeextractor
Cruiser

cory. I dont have pic. the 120mm tire ison the 3.5 stock 07 dyna super front wheel/rim. I am running a metzer 190/50on the stock 5.5 rear wheel for this 07 bike. I am running low profileshocksgiving the bike a low profileand still maintaining the ability to cornervery well with thestock shortey duals. the bike handles very good, agile. I am planing a modusing a stock 6' wheel/rim offa stock softail custom and installing hub kit for the switch. my parts guy at the dealership said that it should work. anyone try this mod.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the 120mm frontV-Rod tireis on a 07 FXDsuper. sits about 1' shorter and 1.5 fater
Does the Superglides mag wheel take the same tire as the Bobs spoke wheel?Typically spokes are tube while mags are tubeless.Also does it really sit shorter than the stock tire? that big gap between the fender and the tire is what I don't like about the stock tire the last thing I want is to make it bigger.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Limey
Tourer

I've been thinking about fitting a fatter front tyre to my Bob but like some other posters I was wondering about a wider tyre under that skinny fender. Then it struck me that if you're fitting a Vrod tyre why not fit a Vrod fender? The Bob uses Vrod forks after all.

Anyone done this or know if it could work?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Limey
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Limey

I've been thinking about fitting a fatter front tyre to my Bob but like some other posters I was wondering about a wider tyre under that skinny fender. Then it struck me that if you're fitting a Vrod tyre why not fit a Vrod fender? The Bob uses Vrod forks after all.

Anyone done this or know if it could work?
Anyone?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: sokanxx

mcurry: its the not the width of the tire that would kill the handeling. It is the fact that your putting a tire that is too big on a rim that is too small. this will change the geometry of the tire that those scientists at dunlop worked so hard to create.However i also believe that if you are just rideing in straight lines and take corners nice and slow i doubt you will regret putting a bigger tire on the rim.
My bike handles much better with the wider/taller tire on the front. I live in the Loess Hills of Iowa and there is no shortage of corners here. My indy checked with his tire contact for rim fitment, etc. before I made my purchase.

Quick Reply: Front Tire????