Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone gone from Softail to Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 09:16 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've gone from a Sportster to a Superglide to a FATBOY ( I won it!!) to a Duece to a V-Rod and back to a Superglide custom.
( As my friends and family also owned Harleys I've ridden every bike in the line up for more than a few miles!)
When I had the Softails I also regreted selling the Superglide.
I do have more fun on the Dynas than the Softails. On my first Superglide I had forward controls put on before I even picked up the bike. So all of my Harleys had forward controls. ( In between the V-rod and this FXDC, I had a Kawasaki C14 concours. When I decided it was too fast and I couldn't quit twisting the throttle, and went back to a Harley, I knew it would have to be a Dyna!)

As the expression goes it is more fun to ride a sow bike fast than a fast bike slow!
The Dyna's ride and handling make it a great bike, and I'm glad to have one again!! As I said my first Superglide is the only bike I ever really regreted selling!! I will most likely keep this one until I'm done!!

If I ever decide to have two bikes the only other Harely I desire right now is a XR12000X. That would be a nice second bike!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:20 PM
farmerstu
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Whoa there Hoss. My WG is plenty fun, and the forwards are just fine for me BTW - 30" inseam here. I scrape pegs in twisties and everything.... :-)

I never owned a Softie but I test drove a few when I was looking , and ended up with a WG - over a street bob BTW.

USMAMULE
I thought the same thing ,then something jogged my memory and i remembered this post about cleaning up head gasket residue.
misfitJason
Hang Around
het a die grinder or a dremel too and gently, I mean gently, sand off the remainer and then use a cleaning solvent or gasket prep to clean and prep the area

so take his wide glide comments for what thier worth.LOL

Old 12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have one each of the HD families of air cooled bikes.

My 07 FXSTC is the most comfortable riding bike of the 30 bikes that I have owned over the years. It has never scrapped on a corner because I know how to adjust the shocks for my weight and riding style.

My 10 Super Glide is okay on comfort but very poor on cornering clearance on tight right hand turns. HD lowered it for 2010 and it is not safe to do aggressive cornering.

It does not like speeds over 80 and will shake it's head a little. The Softail tracks well through as high of speed as you want to take it.

I have been a little disappointed in the Dyna's handling. I am going to get some Ohlins which should help with the cornering and ride.