Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half-helmet Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you running the Hells Bells DOT helmet or Non-DOT? They are cool! I'd like to know which one you are wearing though. Thanks!

Originally Posted by RDD
Look....... I may be new to the forum and be young but i have been riding for a while! I have over 10 helmets! 4 are full face and the rest are 1/2! 1 is a non DOT. I have a small face and wear and XS and i am only 65 inches tall! out of all those helmets the best one i got is a HELLS BELLS helmet! i read all the posts up until mine! none of those are the smallest or the least "mushroomish" helmets out there! TRUST ME! i looked for years to find a good 1/2 helmet supplier! they are on the pricey side though, But you get what you pay for. and the the helmets look BAD ***!

D

Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
heinigerich@yahoo.com
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half helmets

http://www.hellsbellscustoms.com/

The sickest helmets around. The skull DOT is the smallest on the market.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM
JimmySG
Cruiser

hjc 100

Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by truthfire
I really want to get a half-helmet for when I ride around here locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good fitting helmets? I tried a couple on, but they sit high on my head and make me look like a mushroom.

I was wondering if there was something out there that had a lower, more fitted look....
I tried everything out there and the Daytonas are scary thin. No way for me. I am a full face guy but I bought some HCI half helmets last season and they were by far the best fitting half shells that will hold up to impacts. I have 2 of them gloss black that I paid 75 each for one xl and one small for the girl. I will let both of them go for 75 bux if you want them. I am switching back to full face helmets, I cant do the half helmet thing. I feel too exposed in them. The small has been used for about 100 miles. Mine is in excellent condition. Both equipped with ECHO quick releases. PM me if anyone is interested. I will be listing them soon in the classifieds.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 AM
jkelley
Tourer

Kudos to you guy's giving good honest feedback and trying to help the OP.
Shame on some of you guy's chastising some for wanting to wear novelty, or half lid's. The gene pool could use a good cleansing. LOL
It really don't matter what you wear as long as you are happy and comfy.
Lot's of people worry about "mushroom head" for no reason because they are so ugly like me the helmet ain't what attracts attention.. LOL

Old 01-01-2011, 07:47 PM
RDD
Advanced

DOT... Looks badass

Last edited by RDD; 01-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by truthfire
I really want to get a half-helmet for when I ride around here locally. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good fitting helmets? I tried a couple on, but they sit high on my head and make me look like a mushroom.

I was wondering if there was something out there that had a lower, more fitted look....
Don't assume that you are safer while you "ride around here locally". My neighbor almost killed me. I was wearing one of the ACC polo helmets and it sure as hell saved my life. My body hit the door, my arm went through the back door window and my head hit the roof. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one of their helmets again even if they aren't classified "Motorcycle Helmets"

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
truthfire
Advanced

Originally Posted by SamStone
Don't assume that you are safer while you "ride around here locally". My neighbor almost killed me. I was wearing one of the ACC polo helmets and it sure as hell saved my life. My body hit the door, my arm went through the back door window and my head hit the roof. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one of their helmets again even if they aren't classified "Motorcycle Helmets"
Point taken, and my thanks to everyone for your input and feedback. I think I had my decision made for me yesterday. I took a short ride yesterday, and I had just closed down the visor on my full-face when a HUGE insect (almost thought it was a small bird) slammed massively into the lower portion of my helmet. I think if it had hit my open face at 60MPH, I probably would have freaked the hell out.

I'll stick with my FF.... Thanks again!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wear a ff. Here's why.

Attached Thumbnails Half-helmet Recommendations?-img_0624.jpg  
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamStone
Here is the link for Headtrip helmets http://www.headtriphelmets.com/index.php

Quick Reply: Half-helmet Recommendations?