Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM
kite
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?

Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?

So my 2010 fxdwg front tire is splitting and cupping. My local HD dealer says HD will not warranty them. I told them i wanted them to deny my claim in writing. They would not.

Anyone get these tire replaced under warranty? Thx in advance...

Just found the thread on this. Anyone have suggestions on how to get this fixed under warranty if the dealership says no?

Last edited by kite; 12-14-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When i first saw posts on tires i checked mine. Sure enough mine had those razor blade slits. My bike had 300 miles on it at the time and i took it to the dealer. They said they have never heard of any issues with the dunlop tires but they said no problem and replaced the front tire.

Attatched is a few pics before getting them replaced. My opinion is go to a different dealer and see what they say. Your factory 2 yr warranty isnt with the dealership you bought it from but from harley.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?-pa010386.jpg   Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?-pa010383.jpg  
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Like he said, try a different dealer or make a call to Dunlop.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Call Dunlop. Their warranty is 6 years. They should relace the tire for free. You will have to pay installation.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

WHAT IS WARRANTED
Every new Dunlop motorcycle tire that becomes unserviceable within six years or 72 months of the date of manufacture for conditions other than those which are listed under "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" will be replaced on the basis specified under "REPLACEMENT COST" below.

ELIGIBILITY
This warranty is extended to the first retail purchaser.

REPLACEMENT COST UP TO 50% WORN
If, during the first fifty percent (50%) of tread wear, the tire becomes unserviceable for a condition covered by this warranty, it will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop tire. You pay only for retailer services, such as mounting and balancing.

AFTER 50% TREAD WEAR
If, after the first fifty percent (50%) of tread wear, the tire becomes unserviceable for a condition covered by this warranty, your Dunlop motorcycle tire retailer will replace it with a comparable new Dunlop tire at a cost calculated in the following manner:

Either your original buying price substantiated by invoice, or the retailer's current selling price, times (x)
Fifty percent (50%)
Plus (+) all applicable federal excise taxes, and local taxes and all charges for retailer services such as mounting and balancing
A CASH REFUND WILL NOT BE EXTENDED IN LIEU OF THE ABOVE.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED

Tires worn beyond the last one thirty-second of an inch (1/32") of original tread depth. Beyond this point, the tire has delivered its original tread life and there is no warranty regardless of its age or mileage.
Tires submitted for unserviceable before wear-out (1/32" tread depth remaining), but more than 72 months after the week of manufacture as determined by the U.S. Department of Transportation serial identification number.
Tires submitted for non-uniformity or any ride related condition that are worn beyond the first 25% of useable tread depth.
Tires on motorcycles normally operated outside the U.S. and Canada.
Tires used in racing, other competition, or in excess of legal speed limits. See also speed restriction for repaired tired in "Tire Selection Care and Maintenance."
Highway-type tired used for off-the-road service or in any application not recommended by the motorcycle manufacturer.
Tires used on motorcycles fitted with trailers.
Claims made by anyone other than the first retail purchaser of the tire.
Tubeless tires fitted without innertubes to rims requiring innertubes.
Tires molded or branded "tube type" fitted without innertubes.
Tires fitted with used, damaged or incorrect size innertubes.
Note: New replacement tires should always be fitted with new tubes for safety. Radial tires fitted with tubes not marked with matching size or radial (R) designation.
Tires improperly repaired (see Tire Tips), with section repairs, or whose sidewalls have been modified by the addition or removal of material. The serviceability of any repaired/altered tire is entirely the responsibility of the person making the repair or modification.
Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium.
The consequences of new tires or repaired tires not being subjected to a proper run-in/break-in period (see Tire Tips).
Tires rendered unserviceable by road hazard-type damage such as impact breaks, punctures, cuts or snags; or as a result of an obstruction on the motorcycle, fire, corrosives, running while flat, misalignment, improperly maintained balance, suspension, deficiencies, improper inflation, overloading, improper mounting or rim fitment; or by spinning, as in mud snow, sand, on ice or during on-the-motorcycle balancing or dynamometer testing.
Ozone cracking/weather checking for tires treated with dressings or incompatible cleaning agents or submitted more than 48 months after manufacture.
There is no warranty for any specific mileage achievement.

OWNER OBLIGATIONS
You are responsible for proper tire care, and lawful and prudent motorcycle operation. Maintain tire inflation and load in accordance with motorcycle owner's manual, tire information placard and restrictions molded on tire sidewalls.* Frequently check inflation pressure with a tire gauge and inspect for damage or irregular wear.
*Exceptions: For high speed, fully loaded or dual riding touring motorcycle applications, inflate front tires to 34 psi and rear tires to maximum load inflation pressure on sidewalls. Rear touring tires must be inflated to a minimum 36 psi for light to medium loads and 40 psi for dual riding and other loads. Never exceed maximum load indicated on the tire sidewall or vehicle capacity load found in owner's manual.

FOR REPLACEMENT CONSIDERATION
You should present the tire to the retailer from whom you bought the tire or, if the Dunlop tire in question was fitted as original equipment, to the retailer from whom you bought the motorcycle. With the exception of mail-order tires you may also submit your tire to any other retailer selling Dunlop motorcycle tires.

Should you be unable to contact any of those retailers, please contact the Dunlop Motorcycle Tire Sales office at 1-800-845-8378.

A mail order tire must be returned to the company from which you ordered it and you must pay all associated shipping and handling costs.
Except for tires which become unserviceable during the first 50% of tread wear, you must pay the previously specified 50% replacement cost.
You must pay the difference in retailer's price for any more expensive replacement tire of different design.
You must pay all applicable taxes and any charges for retailer services.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:13 PM
kite
Tourer

spoke to someone at Dunlop today. Waiting to hear back and will post when i do...

Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my Wide Glide last week and now I need to go check the tires? I'll be pretty upset if I have to deal with getting a tire put on it this soon. I already have just shy of 800 miles on it.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM
kite
Tourer

Did you check yours?

I think i will end up with a new tire...

Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 AM
red69camaro
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen that before. I've alway thought it was low air pressure. ??

Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley does not make Dunlop tires why would they warranty them? You did right going to Dunlop they make and warranty their products.Car manufacturers don't warranty the tires on their products either

Tech23

Quick Reply: Anyone have luck getting shitt y new fxdwg tires warrantied?