Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else problems with Progressives

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
sergeantmajor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else problems with Progressives

I have a '07 FXDC and two months ago i installed the 430 series of Progressive shocks. Standard height for my Dyna and the heavy duty ones.
Just today i noticed a leak from my right shock... Just a drop, but it is still a leak!!
In Greece we think quite high of Progressive shocks and i found out for myself that they perform GREAT... but...
So, is that common to this manufacturer? ? Or it just happened to me?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Five seasons. No problems here.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard of thier standard shocks getting blown on several of the dynas around here but never the heavy duties.I just took a set of heavy duty 412s off of mine after several years they're not pretty but they aren't blown either.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We stand behind our parts and the 430 is guaranteed for life. Give our sales guys a call and we'll make it right.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/contact.html

Originally Posted by sergeantmajor
I have a '07 FXDC and two months ago i installed the 430 series of Progressive shocks. Standard height for my Dyna and the heavy duty ones.
Just today i noticed a leak from my right shock... Just a drop, but it is still a leak!!
In Greece we think quite high of Progressive shocks and i found out for myself that they perform GREAT... but...
So, is that common to this manufacturer? ? Or it just happened to me?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

can you please go more into who we would have to speak with? my shock started pissing oil after maybe 4 months and i called and was told "ooh well" this was by about 8 people i spoke with, they refused to let me speak to a mgr. the shock was on my st bob and when i did 2 up riding i had my stock shocks... the last person i spoke to told me that for 80 i could tear down my shock (myself) and send the shock back for a replacement... I could not justify the 80 plus 20 when you can pick them up used for around 120 bucks. i would love to know who i would need to contact, we where so frustrated with the deal that we no longer recomend them, if i could not get my own repaired i did not want to put our customers though that. I had oil all over my bike it was a mess. i was very let down. but i am all for another chance, who would i have to contact to have this fixed?

Last edited by JRK5892; 12-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Joe notice he said the 430 is guaranteed for life.How much you want to bet the 412 has no such guarantee? In any case I just pulled off a set of heavy duty 11" 412s hit me up I'll let ya have em cheap.Like I said they're not pretty they have allot of surface scratches around the adjustment collar and show some wear/fading on the paint at the top.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I can only speak to my 440's. But when I had had an issue with my 440's, Justin Barber took care of everything. Not only did they give me a full replacement set, but they were sent threw the custom shop (whatever that is) and they were set up specifically for my heavy two up riding style. They have been the best shocks I have owned since I recieved them. They stood by thier 440's 100%. As for my 412's last year, they had no problem switching out my standard springs to the heavy springs for a very reasonable cost.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had 412's they blew in about 6mo, progressive replaced them though

Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... You sure you're calling the right company? The Warranty department only has a 2 people in it! Is there part of this story I'm missing? We're not an "Oh Well" kind of company.

Which model shocks are you running? PM me some info and I'll make sure you're hooked up with the right guys. We'll get you taken care of.

Originally Posted by JRK5892
can you please go more into who we would have to speak with? my shock started pissing oil after maybe 4 months and i called and was told "ooh well" this was by about 8 people i spoke with, they refused to let me speak to a mgr. the shock was on my st bob and when i did 2 up riding i had my stock shocks... the last person i spoke to told me that for 80 i could tear down my shock (myself) and send the shock back for a replacement... I could not justify the 80 plus 20 when you can pick them up used for around 120 bucks. i would love to know who i would need to contact, we where so frustrated with the deal that we no longer recomend them, if i could not get my own repaired i did not want to put our customers though that. I had oil all over my bike it was a mess. i was very let down. but i am all for another chance, who would i have to contact to have this fixed?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Hey Joe notice he said the 430 is guaranteed for life.How much you want to bet the 412 has no such guarantee? In any case I just pulled off a set of heavy duty 11" 412s hit me up I'll let ya have em cheap.Like I said they're not pretty they have allot of surface scratches around the adjustment collar and show some wear/fading on the paint at the top.
Hey Ed- If Joe is not interested in them, I may be. Is the "not pretty" parts of them just cosmetic? Something I could have powdercoated and look like new?

Joe- If you read this, what would powdercoating a set of shocks run me?

Quick Reply: Anyone else problems with Progressives