Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D exhaust question

I'm looking at the D&D 2 into1 for my 09 CVO Fat Bob. Finding correct info for this exhaust is exhausting and confusing. I've yet to find a vendor who can tell me, whether the exhaust is upswept or straight, what are the different baffles and which is loudest and which baffle performs the best. Anyway today I contacted D&D directly and am told the system for my bike is upswept. Yet on youtube every 2 into 1 D&D is straight. When I told the tech this he had no explaination. I don't want the upswept version so I want to know exactly what I'm getting before it arrives Anybody?
Gary

Old 12-08-2010, 10:03 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

According to D&D's site these are the 2-1 Fat Cats pipes for your bike:
http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/01/49632b.htm

My dyna is a 2000 and these are the pipes I have:
http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2005/07/41132b.htm

Mine are less upswept, and it seems the right fit for your model has a little more sweep. Will say it is a great pipe.

Originally Posted by harris48cars
I'm looking at the D&D 2 into1 for my 09 CVO Fat Bob. Finding correct info for this exhaust is exhausting and confusing. I've yet to find a vendor who can tell me, whether the exhaust is upswept or straight, what are the different baffles and which is loudest and which baffle performs the best. Anyway today I contacted D&D directly and am told the system for my bike is upswept. Yet on youtube every 2 into 1 D&D is straight. When I told the tech this he had no explaination. I don't want the upswept version so I want to know exactly what I'm getting before it arrives Anybody?
Gary

Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How much upsweep it will have will depend on the length of your shocks. 12 inch it will run pretty parallel. The longer the rear shock the more upsweep it will have. The shorter the more down sweep it will have.

I have the quiet baffle and it has a good sound. It isn't to loud when cruising but gets pretty loud when you get on it.

Last edited by bberck; 12-08-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is straight. It's a great pipe. I have the quiet baffle which means its wrapped. Plenty loud though when you rock the throttle.

Try Dr. VTwin.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Don't know if this picture will come up without regeristing, but if it does, is this pipe upswept or straight. It looks straight to me but maybe it's an optical illusion.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35469.0

Gary

Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Call us up at the shop and we can answer all your questions and get you the best price in town on the fatcat!

Drew

Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I was going to say - contact Dr. V-Twin b/c he's one of the sponsoring vendors & can get your questions answered.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by gplarryv
Fat Cat owners... Why do some Fat Cat pipes look like the muffler is Upswept and some dont????. D&D Says they are.
As mentioned previously, the 2005 and earlier D&D Fat Cat's didn't have the up-swept design like the 2006 and up Fat Cat's. Centerline's bike below looks like it is more up-swept then mine, but I think that is because of his taller shocks which changes the angle of the swing arm and makes it appear that way.

Originally Posted by Centerline
Mine are slightly upswept..

Originally Posted by Tech23
WS6, Does that Fat Cat scrape on right turns,or decrease the original lean angle? If so do you know how much it decreases the lean angle? It looks like the back of your bike is lowered, my Wide Glide is lowered one inch in the rear so the low slung Fat Cat could take some fun out of the twisties for me.There are two versions the one you have and one with the slight up sweep at the muffler...for more lean angle. I like the looks of the low version much better. I'm also concerned about access to the engine oil dipstick on my 2000 model year due to the bend in the rear pipe.

BTW, I think your Low Rider is very tastefully done. I think it is one of the cleanest Dyna's here. You're like me and pay attention to detail and it pays off....your bike is a perfect example of what a mass produced bike can be with careful planning and attention to detail. The wiring harness casing, lower belt cover trim job, and horn relocation are just a few examples of how you cleaned up the factory look, setting it apart from the others with little to no money involved.....Nice job!

I've never scraped the factory or the D&D pipes, may just be my riding style, more of a cruiser then a canyon carver. The way my bike is set up with the forward controls, the only contact with the pavement is my heels when I'm pushing it in the turns.

My bike isn't really lowered, I'm using Street Glide air shocks which are the same length as my original shocks. Your Wide Glide being one inch lower then original should be about the same height as mine.

You shouldn't have any problems accessing your dip stick as there made to clear it. Only problem would be less lean angle on the earlier bike's, unless there making the up-swept type pipes for those too. Below photos of before and after, looks like the D&D Fat Cat's have the same or more ground clearance then the original pipes.

Thanks for the compliments, you hit the nail on the head, I'm into details, those little changes add up to a big difference.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Call us up at the shop and we can answer all your questions and get you the best price in town on the fatcat!

Drew
It's true.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Thanks for the pictures. That helps alot.
Gary

Quick Reply: D&D exhaust question