Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
07 dyna man
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default drag bars

im thinking about putting a set drag bars on my wide glide with 5 inch risers is it a comfortable riding position with forward controls anyone got any pics to post of their wde glide with drag bars for me

Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 dyna man
im thinking about putting a set drag bars on my wide glide with 5 inch risers is it a comfortable riding position with forward controls anyone got any pics to post of their wde glide with drag bars for me
Well, for what it's worth, I tried 4.5" risers with pullback and 27.5" drag bars on my FXD. That was hands down the best handling combination that I've tried. I only went with taller risers to take the slack out of the cables, then I later went with wider 30.5" bars.

I'm thinking that the 4-1/2" inch risers and the 30.5" wide drag bars (or thereabout) would be the best all-around for handling and comfort. By handling I'm mainly referring to tight u-turns and quick responses to directional changes, think dirt racing and trials VS laid back straight line cruising where bars are chosen more for looks than function.

As for comfort, I prefer a natural wrist position, one that allows my wrists to be straight with my forearms and the control levers to be aligned similarly, so that I can apply the most force and leverage for braking and turning.

I've made some compromises, such as going with forward controls instead of mids, these were made at the cost of handling, but allowed my legs to stretch out a bit and keep from cramping.

To each his own, but I'm happy with what I have now...And I've done a lot of experimentation.