Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steering dampner

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

that is the damper i bought... i bought it for the hardware to use my hyper pro damper... it is not bad... not bad at all I have all that on my bike and even have used that damper that comes with it (ebay post) worked just fine! so much so that i got that damper set up for my dads herritage

no the damper does nto come anywhere near my leg

Old 12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

joe
the damper that comes with it is preety good?
did you already have the other high dollar damper and said you just might as well use it or was there something about it you didn't like?
do you think a person would be satisfied with the set up as it is on ebay?

thanks

Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when I thought I was done with the handling & suspension mods... Oh well it not too expensive and sounds great!

Steve

Old 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i was slightly happy with it, but i really dig in my turns and wanted somethign a bit more i already had a hyper pro damper form another project i did not use it on so i put it on the diff is night and day... but the one that comes with this kit is not bad for the price

Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i was slightly happy with it, but i really dig in my turns and wanted somethign a bit more i already had a hyper pro damper form another project i did not use it on so i put it on the diff is night and day... but the one that comes with this kit is not bad for the price
which HyperPro model is it that you used? Active or not? Looking on their sight, they only list them as available for a few Sportster models for H-D.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
which HyperPro model is it that you used? Active or not? Looking on their sight, they only list them as available for a few Sportster models for H-D.

I think that is what Joe was saying...he had to buy the ebay damper to use the brackets off it, then used the HyperPro damper itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how I understood it.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vinsil
I think that is what Joe was saying...he had to buy the ebay damper to use the brackets off it, then used the HyperPro damper itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how I understood it.

Yea, i get that. But HyperPro still has a lot of different models. Did the sportster one work? (that'd be my first guess) or did he need to get the model for a Buell or something? I'd hate for anyone to spent the cash without knowing.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC, the different models are different brackets but I could be wrong. I see where your going with this....

good question. If the dampers are different lengths.....can you just buy the damper or do you need to buy the whole kit?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:14 PM
and roger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so.. if i get TruTrak, Ricor Intiminator, and then this steering dampener i'd have the perfect handling fat bob short of replacing the springs?

Or does the Ricor eliminate the need for the dampener?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vinsil
IIRC, the different models are different brackets but I could be wrong. I see where your going with this....

good question. If the dampers are different lengths.....can you just buy the damper or do you need to buy the whole kit?

Yea. See, on the HyperPro website, the Sportster kits cost $480 and are non-Active. Then you can find the Actives ones for other models are in the high $300's. Is the only difference the brackets? If so, I'd like to get just a Active damper, no brackets. BUT i would think the major difference is length, which they don't list. More research is needed....

Quick Reply: steering dampner