Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

56267-09 Pullback Riser Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
leeanders
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of the 6" risers and cables?

Would you mind telling me the cost for the 6" risers, and if you had to change out any control cables?
Thanks

Originally Posted by bmcgc
I received and installed the risers today. The stock Fat Bob bars do not seat into the riser well at all. There is a huge gap between the riser and bar. The caps fit fit and there is a small gap at the back of the cap like the instructions say there should be.

If I stand to one side of the bike and look along the length of the bar I can see a gap all the way through both risers.

The dealership is ordering another set to see what they look like.

Heres a pic, I had to use some towls to cut the glare down, but this is a single strip of paper that runs through both risers.

Opinions? Are these bad risers or is this how HD makes them?

BTW: The caps are installed correctly and I even took everything back apart and swapped the caps side to side to make sure that one way didnt fit better than the other.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Retail on these is $170 I believe.

I bought a set from a member and had Joe (Powder Pro) powder coat them black. I'm in the process of installing them and can see the gap the OP was concerned with. When you torque the clamps. the bars seem pretty tight. I'm not too concerned. Instructions do call out a small gap between the bottom of the bar and the top of the riser, even though mine seem larger than what is indicated in the instructions. No gap at all between the top of the bar and the bottom of the cap.

The issue I'm having is flex of the risers. I torqued them per the service manual (+ a little) and they still have considerable flex. The rubber bushings in the fork mount flex when the bars are moved.

Anyone else have this issue? Don't recall the OEM risers having any flex at all. Maybe because they didn't have any pullback like these do?

Can't ride like this. Need some sort of solution

Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, by the way the best I can tell, no cable or wiring change is needed.