Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running the V&H pro pipe chrome

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running the V&H pro pipe chrome

I'm being told the new Pro Pipe "chrome" is a step down from last years Pro Pipe BP (blue proof), Any one out there wise in the ways of V&H. I can't find a good side shot of this exhaust system. Anyone?
Gary

Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one, I like it... it has a nice sound that isn't too loud at low rpms, but it wakes up when you get on it.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

David, that pipe is the BP version that I would like to have. It has been dicontinued. The new pipe is called Pro Pipe Chrome. Nice looking thhough.
Gary

Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

The Vance and Hines website still has it on there 2011 site. The BP 2 into 1 pro pipe is the one I use. Not loud until you crack the gas. Gives me plenty of pull on hills too.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:16 PM
vtwin47
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harris, what info did you get that the Pro Pipe Chrome was a step down from the BP? I was planning to put the PP Chrome on this spring with a quiet baffle and the fuel pak. At $700 msrp for the pipe and baffle for the PP Chrome I may reconsider if it is less of a product thatn the BP.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:36 PM
DYJ
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not a Dyna but a good shot of the pipe. This is my dads Fatboy, and the pipe sounds and looks great.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

Originally Posted by vtwin47
Harris, what info did you get that the Pro Pipe Chrome was a step down from the BP? I was planning to put the PP Chrome on this spring with a quiet baffle and the fuel pak. At $700 msrp for the pipe and baffle for the PP Chrome I may reconsider if it is less of a product thatn the BP.
Vtwin, my source is unreliable. He's a great mechanic and he's the one that told me the new one was not as good. I like him but he doesn't do any sort of testing of exhausts. He does have the PP BP on his bike and when he says it performs great I have to believe him so I wanted to get the same thing. 3 days later and I still can't locate a BP version. Many sites say they do but when I call them it's a different story. I'm almost certain that I will buy the PP Chrome, probably today. I doubt seriously that a company that builds exhaust systems for motorcycles, V&H for example, is going to build a new exhaust that goes backwards in performance. A bunch of guys like us talking on the net might not know if the new version is better or not. But given time, someone will actually test the new one and I don't think V&H would want to build an inferior product and be "found out" so to speak. I did contact V&H tech department and of course the guy I talked to says it is far more likely that the new PP Chrome would out perform the old BP. I asked him exactly what was different and he said the outward design (looks) to make it a little nicer appearance and the baffle was redesigned for additional performance, "not less performance". I say buy it. And lastly, if you're just talking the exhaust system alone and not with the fuel-pak, then $700 is too much. I can buy that setup all day long for $475 shipped. Sorry to have worried you about your decision.
Gary

Old 11-30-2010, 04:22 PM
vtwin47
Advanced

Hey Gary, My thoughts exactly. Why would V&H go backwards in performance they are innovators. I am having my dealer put the pipe on and they are charging me full msrp, $599 for the pipe and the quiet baffle is around $95 and what ever the fuel pak and highflow SE filter costs. I don't have the space to work on my bike and have a tendenacy to scratch things up when I try to do it myself so I have to suffer paying more out of pocket. The ProPipe Chrome is a great looking pipe. I think we will both be happy with it. Jim

Old 11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Originally Posted by DYJ
not a Dyna but a good shot of the pipe. This is my dads Fatboy, and the pipe sounds and looks great.
I like that workbench. Solid.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought mine a couple of years ago I think it was $425 from Eastern Performance.... They have he new one for $499, you could find it on e-bay for less... Its a easy install for even a novice wrench,having the dealer do it is no guarantee that you won't get scratches either..

Quick Reply: Anyone running the V&H pro pipe chrome