Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

batwing fairing on DYNA

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Ok, the batwing is on!

~Joe
Bike came out good. Nothing looks out of place.

Now time to find somewhere warm to ride.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks. I now have my tourer.

~Joe

Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Ok, the batwing is on!

The way things worked out, the 12" screen is just perfect. It is at the bridge of my nose height wise.

Comments are welcome.

~Joe
Joe, think you've got me sold..Looks Great
If I could only find a reasonable way to match the 'Denim Black'..

Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Man, I had no idea so many people were running batwings on Dyna's. Thats some cool stuff.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Memphis Shades ARE paintable.

Another option is to paint your tank and fenders gloss black to match.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 11-28-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
09DynaRyder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That came out SCHWEET!

I really like the looks! I don't suppose you've had a chance to run around on it much. Looks like you opted not to get the lowers, Looks like an easy add on if you decide to do it.

So. From what I understand, (if I understand correctly), I should be able to order the fairing (P# 2330-0017) from Memphis, then remove the mounting hardware from my HD quick release compact shield to bolt directly onto the fairing? If this is correct I will order my fairing today!

Please tell me if this is right. Cant wait to do this mod if I have the right info!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 09DynaRyder
I really like the looks! I don't suppose you've had a chance to run around on it much. Looks like you opted not to get the lowers, Looks like an easy add on if you decide to do it.

So. From what I understand, (if I understand correctly), I should be able to order the fairing (P# 2330-0017) from Memphis, then remove the mounting hardware from my HD quick release compact shield to bolt directly onto the fairing? If this is correct I will order my fairing today!

Please tell me if this is right. Cant wait to do this mod if I have the right info!
3 parts in total. The Fairing. The brackets that bolt to the fairing. And the HD quick release clamps.

You would need purchase the fairing and the Memphis Shades brackets that attach to the fairing. Your HD quick release clamps will bolt to the Memphis Shades fairing brackets.

That is, unless someone was able to remove the entire bracket system from their HD windshield and attach that to the fairing. Then you would only need the fairing/windshield from Memphis Shades. But I don't think anyone has done that yet (getting the brackets from their HD shield to mate up perfectly with the fairing).

Old 11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
That is, unless someone was able to remove the entire bracket system from their HD windshield and attach that to the fairing. Then you would only need the fairing/windshield from Memphis Shades. But I don't think anyone has done that yet (getting the brackets from their HD shield to mate up perfectly with the fairing).
I spent an evening trial fitting the HD windshield mounts to the Memphis Shades Batwing
and it just doesn't work.

I took the windshield apart so that I had just the mounting plates and clamps and the
plates are both too long to fit the Batwing and, in my opinion, move it too far forward
for a good fit.

Based on other people's comments, I MAY order a set of MS mounting plates and
adapt them to the clamps or, (more likely), I may continue as I had originally planned
with having my local Indy make up a set of plates that I know will fit.

Your mileage may differ..do not attempt at home.. yadda, yadda, yadda..

Old 11-29-2010, 01:13 PM
09DynaRyder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
3 parts in total. The Fairing. The brackets that bolt to the fairing. And the HD quick release clamps.

You would need purchase the fairing and the Memphis Shades brackets that attach to the fairing. Your HD quick release clamps will bolt to the Memphis Shades fairing brackets.
Ok. So the MS bracket. I need to get one made for the Yam 650? Is that right? or...If I don't use the HD Quick Disconnect I can use the Memphis Shades Hardware Kit (PN:2320-0029) which is for the Memphis Shades Fats/Slim windshield for 2006 & up Dyna Mid Glide according to Stewbeezer. correct?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

I used Yam 650 brackets, with 41mm fork tube brackets. You will need larger ones than that though.

I ordered the batwing and brackets for a Yam 650, and then ordered the fork tube brackets. My fork tube brackets had the wrong mounting discs, so I swapped the mounting discs from the yam 650 one on to it, and on it went!

I had to really fiddle around with the brackets, and loosen everything up to get it to sit right. Then I raised the headlight 1.5 inches, and I was golden.

~Joe

Quick Reply: batwing fairing on DYNA